Golang / NodeJS / AWS / Kubernetes Full-stack engineer
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
At Nine Publishing, we’re reinventing how the country consumes news, across our digital web and mobile app properties such as the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age & Australian Financial Review.
We have a brand new, modern tech stack entirely cloud-first with a fully automated, Slack integrated CI/CD DevOps environment and we need more engineers to take it to the next level.
- Re-invent publishing
- Work on titles consumed by millions of Australians
- Great location, great team
- World leading Tech
If you’re looking for a startup-like environment and want to work with amazingly talented colleagues in a business with the scale of a major media company - apply for this role now.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for a key data platform
- Creating auto-scaling, microservices & APIs servicing our huge web and app audiences
- Working in small autonomous Agile squads
- Cross skilling and training on DevOps, React and other areas of our stack
- Building the next generation of data services supporting journalists, product designers and our masthead audiences
Who we’re looking for
- Strong, proven engineering skills
- Excellent problem solvers
- Loves data
- Cloud-first thinkers
- Self-starting, keen to learn personalities
- A passion for software and code
- Testing and quality focus
At least 2 years experience in some or all of:
- Golang or React / NodeJS
- AWS or GCP
- Concourse CI/CD
- Big Query
Above all else, we’re looking for software engineers who have a strong positive learning attitude. If you fit the bill, but not quite all the skills, apply and include a cover page telling us why we should consider you. Skills can be learned, attitude is everything.
Media is a fast-changing environment that provides interesting engineering challenges working at scale. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of this team.
Nine Publishing embraces all aspects of diversity & inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve
Disclaimer: Fairfax Media does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Fairfax Media is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.