Mobile Test Engineer
- 55 Pyrmont St, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine's strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. Living at the intersection of Australia's best content, conversation and culture, Nine is where Australia connects.
We’re looking for a passionate, hands-on Quality Engineer with experience creating and executing test suites for iOS and Android apps. You’ll be joining the business at an exciting time of rejuvenation and reinvention and help redefine and refresh our mobile app portfolio in line with the re-platforming project currently being deployed across our web portfolios.
You’ll be part of the team responsible for developing greenfield & existing native applications within the Australian Metro Publishing (AMP) group joining the internal team responsible for delivering apps across iOS, Android, phones & tablets for titles such as Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review.
- 3+ years commercial experience in mobile test engineering
- Strong knowledge and experience with test methodologies, QA processes, software release cycle including test planning, test execution, bug reporting & test sign-off
- Build, maintain, and scale automation testing with XCTest and Espresso frameworks
- Exposure and skills in development with iOS/Swift and Android/Java (Kotlin bonus)
- Good demonstrated understanding of Object-oriented design principles and patterns
- A commitment to quality in your work and that of your team. You’ve helped create high quality software through implementation of automated and manual QA processes
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration/Development, Agile Software Development, especially using Atlassian tools like JIRA, SourceTree
- A strong understanding of agile development best practices including Scrum and Lean methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science/IT, or equivalent practical experience.
Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Continuously learn and adapt new advancements in Quality Engineering space, focusing to bring more speed and Quality Assistance to the team/product
- Curiosity to explore, break and reproduce software issues
- Be a team player and an effective communicator who’s able to discuss and explain complex technical issues with others outside your speciality
- Owns Quality, appreciates and exercises values of shifting left Quality in a dynamic, Agile - DevOps model of software delivery
Unrestricted Australian working rights are required for this position. Only Australian Citizens / PR Holders may apply.
Disclaimer: Nine does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Nine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Degree in Computer Science/IT, or equivalent practical experience.
If you enjoy a dynamic working environment and collaborative team culture, please connect with us today!
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve