Engineer in Test
- 100 Harris St, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
- Work on titles consumed by millions of Australians
- Awesome location, motivated team
- Brand new, world-leading tech stack
At Nine, we're reinventing how the country consumes news, across our digital web and mobile app properties such as the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age & The Australian Financial Review.
Our entirely cloud-first tech stack was built from the ground up around two years ago, with a fully automated, Slack integrated CI/CD DevOps environment and we need more engineers to take it to the next level.
Are you are looking for a driven, diverse and collaborative work environment? Would you like to work with amazingly talented colleagues in a business with the scale of a major media company? We'd love to talk with you, so apply today.
This is a permanent full time role based in Sydney.
In this role, your time will be spent shifting left. You'll be working as part of an agile squad, guiding engineers towards continuous delivery and quality best practice.
What you'll be doing
As an Engineer in Test, you'll be responsible for:
- Being the voice of quality
- Identifying, highlighting and implementing quality improvements across product, process and culture
- Coding alongside engineers, deploying to test and production environments (as often as we like!)
- Putting a lot of focus on code review and peer testing
- Working in small autonomous Agile squads
- Providing mentorship to other engineers, instilling a strong focus on all aspects of quality
- Up-skilling across DevOps, React, WordPress and other areas of our stack
We're looking for a person
- With proven engineering skills
- Who can utilise their technical and automation skills to get things done
- With a strong quality mindset
- Who believes in shifting quality left, using their influence and persuasion to bring the team along
- With excellent analytical skills
- That is self-starting, has a desire to learn, and be the quality advocate for the team
Above all else, we really like working with people who have a strong, positive learning attitude. So if this role sounds good, but you feel you might need to catch up on some skills, we'd still love for you to apply. Skills can be learned, attitude is everything.
Why we like working here
- Flexible hours and extended parental leave policy
- Focus on career development through level up sessions, access to workshops, sponsored conference attendance, access to online material
- Hackathons and themed showcases
- Social Slack channels like #camping, #tabletop-gaming, #dad-jokes
Media is a fast-changing environment that provides interesting engineering challenges working at scale. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this team.
Nine embraces all aspects of diversity & inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: Nine does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Nine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.