Executive Producer - Mornings - 6PR
- 169 Hay St, Perth WA 6004, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
This is an exciting opportunity for a radio producer who specialises in breaking news and current affairs. Based in Perth on the Mornings program, this role will see you organising interviews, breaking news and producing informative and entertaining radio. It is a rare chance to work with an energized and experienced team at the leading edge of current affairs radio journalism.
This role offers you career opportunities plus exposure to the media industry. Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Prepare content, contribute ideas and organise interviews for the 6PR Mornings program both on air and through social media and online.
- Contribute on air as a program reporter
- Manage stakeholder relationships with on-line content, sales, integration, news, production and the audience.
Essential experience & skills
We are looking for someone with the energy and enthusiasm to embrace our audience and promptly attend to the needs of our most valuable assets: our listeners. We want a candidate with the following attributes and experience:
- an excellent knowledge of news and current affairs;
- experience in radio or other news media;
- ability to recognise a good story when you hear it;
- strong verbal and broadcast-writing skills;
- capacity to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment; and
- have an excellent understanding of media and broadcast law.
Desirable experience & skills
- Familiarity with Newsboss and Phonebox
- Social and Digital media skills
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes