Executive Producer - Nine Radio
- Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want. Nine’s assets include the 9Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
The main role of the Executive Producer would be to manage the creation, development and day-to-day production of high quality radio programs that are compliant with applicable broadcasting regulations and which meet our audience objectives.
Responsibilities and key tasks:
- Creation and delivery of audience focused content:
- Develop engaging and appropriate content, working with a specific brief or by instigating original concepts
- Create new ways for the audience to connect with your programs content that is beyond our current experience
- Collaborate with editorial, sales and promotions teams to commercialise content and introduce new concepts and content ideas.
- Update the station website and social media pages ensuring that the on-air and online content correlate
- Create talkback opportunities and engaging ideas the listeners can participate in
- Execute promotions and giveaways of prizes - including creating opportunities for prizes and segment to include listeners
- Liaise with sales for best client expectation delivery
- Maintain a good understanding of the stations listener profile
- Ensure all program content is on-brand and consistent across all channels including on air, online, social media, mobile etc.
- Coach and develop on air presenters to ensure they are improving and growing in their roles
- Keep up to date with current affairs in order that show content is topical and well-researched
- Ensure your assigned radio program complies with applicable broadcasting legislation
- Team Leadership
- Manage end to end people management processes for your staff including recruitment, on-boarding, performance management, conflict resolution, talent management and training and development
- Lead and motivate staff ensuring they are familiar with Business goals and Objectives
- Facilitate high levels of collaboration
- Demonstrate change leadership by adapting to change and encouraging innovation.
- Sustain staff effectiveness and morale
Journalism experience and qualifications. Radio experience not necessary.
Please send your application ASAP to Stephen Beers <firstname.lastname@example.org> as we are actively interviewing for the role and will finalize the process once we find the right candidate.