Assistant Producer - Radio
- Southgate Ave, Cannon Hill QLD 4170, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, Nine Radio, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
Nine is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create an inclusive and diverse workplace that encourages everyone to bring their own unique capabilities, experiences and characteristics to work.
We are committed to working in partnership with and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
Based in Cannon Hill, we have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Assistant Producer to join our Radio team. This role offers you career opportunities plus exposure to the media industry.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for our listeners when they call into our studios.
Day to day, you will report to the Executive Producer, and your duties will include but are not limited to the below:
- Support the Executive Producer with the creation and delivery of audience-focused content.
- Develop content ideas, research, scripting and editing stories.
- Cross-checking all material for accuracy and ensuring content is legally sound.
- Provide support to the Executive Producer and Presenter.
- Edit and upload podcasts.
- Operate and monitor our callers during the live show and ensuring suitability to go to air.
- Work with the Executive Producer to collaborate with Sales and Promotions teams to commercialise content and introduce new concepts and content ideas.
- Work with our News and Digital content teams to ensure consistency among our content.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You will have the energy and enthusiasm to embrace our audience and promptly attend to the needs of our most valuable assets: our listeners.
You will have the following attributes and experience:
- Knowledge of news and current affairs.
- Experience in radio or other news media.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent phone manner skills.
- Strong communication and broadcast-writing skills.
- The capacity to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment.
- Have a sound understanding of media and broadcast law.
- In this role, you must be a team player.
Below are some nice-to-haves:
- Degree in Media or similar.
- Social and Digital media skills.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Please Note: Unrestricted Australian working rights are required for this position. Only Australian Citizens / PR Holders may apply.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.