Digital Content Producer
- 1 Denison St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, Nine Radio, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and Drive.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
Based in Sydney, we are looking for a full-time Digital Content Producer to join our Radio team. Reporting to the Head of Digital Content and Growth, you will drive digital audiences to our web, app, social and audio platforms, and manage our online communities.
Day to day you will:
- Produce online content (including catch-up radio, articles, images and videos) for 2GB.com, associated social media accounts and relevant third-party distribution channels within Nine Radio’s digital strategy
- Ensure all content is created and updated in a timely fashion to the highest possible editorial standards
- Liaise with program hosts, producers, newsroom staff, developers and management to realise and create online opportunities
- React quickly to breaking news and events
- Liaise with Powered, Sales staff and Head of Digital to develop, create and execute commercial opportunities across digital assets
- Manage internal communication and relationships with program, news and technology staff to ensure the best possible content is online at all times
- Provide online leadership within the station, acting as a product advocate
- Assist Radio staff in meeting online product requirements
- Actively use measurement tools such as Google Analytics, Triton Webcast and Omny to monitor online performance and gain a better understanding of audience patterns
- Maintain the highest standard of presentation and style and adhere to appropriate online style guides
In order to be successful for this role, you will ideally have:
- A degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent
- Prior experience in writing/publishing for web or social
- The ability to identify news and write about it, fast
- An eye and ear for legal red flags
- A healthy obsession with social media (especially Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram) and the ability to identify social ‘moments’
- Photo/video editing skills
- A team-first attitude
What you'll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.