Journalist - Breakfast News Reader
- 169 Hay St, Perth WA 6004, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. As the home of some of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Lifestyle, Entertainment, and Sport, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want it to ensure they are entertained, informed and connected each and every day. Our business operates in the following 4 divisions – FTA Television, Radio, Digital Publishing, Video on Demand (advertising and subscription) and Content Production. In addition, we have a long-running strategic relationship with Microsoft, selling their suite of advertising products while leveraging their world-leading technology, data, insights, and innovation as well as data relationships with Data Republic and Red Planet. Nine also has a 50% interest in Stan, as well as interests in RateCity, CarAdvice, Pedestrian.tv and ASX-listed financial services company, Yellow Brick Road.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
We are looking for an experienced radio journalist to join our Nine Radio Perth newsroom team.
You will prepare, edit and present live news and sport bulletins on Perth's premier news and talk radio station and contribute to our national network of stations.
As a journalist, you will generate stories, research, edit and present information in a balanced, accurate and interesting way.
Day to day you will:
Be responsible for the creation and delivery of audience focused content:
- Editing and presenting informative, accurate and interesting news and sport bulletins
- Presenting live, timed-out bulletins
- Meeting hourly and half-hourly deadlines
- Making editorial decisions on news and sports coverage under the guidance of the News Director
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct and regulations
- Researching, writing, editing and presenting radio news stories, both live and pre-recorded
- Attending and recording press conferences and conducting live crosses on location with programs
- Be an enthusiastic member of the News team, working closely with the Breakfast and Mornings programs throughout your shift
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
In order to be successful for this role, you will ideally have:
- Proven experience editing and presenting radio news bulletins
- Experience in journalism and expertise in news gathering, writing and presenting for radio
- Able to meet hourly and half-hourly deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work within a live broadcasting environment
- Broad knowledge of local, national and international issues, newsmakers and organisations
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Online research, word processing, audio editing and social media skills
- Valid Driver’s License
What you'll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry:
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes