- Chicago, IL
A career at Nitel puts you in the center of one of the fastest growing telecom companies in Chicago. Named one of the "Best and Brightest Places to Work For" by the National Association of Business Resources in 2011 and 2012, and on the Crain’s “Fast 50” list for the 4th consecutive year, we are a vibrant and growing company on the cutting edge of network and cloud technology. We specialize in providing managed security, monitoring, hosted IT applications as well as data networks and voice services to business clients nationwide.
Headquartered in the West Loop, Nitel offers our employees many opportunities for fun and rewards, with company events, community involvement, casual work environment, and awards based on performance and creativity. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and employer-paid benefits. Nitel is an EOE
Our growing, profitable technology company is looking for a Database Specialist to fill our newly created position. The Database Specialist is responsible for the analytics, uploading, and maintenance of our provider location data into the Nitel databases/systems. This includes adding new provider data, updating current provider data, evaluating changes, and resolving data conflicts. Serious candidates should submit a cover letter including salary requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Update and manage pricing and product data across all systems, resources and forms.
- Normalize and maintain carrier location and Point-Of-Presence (POP) spreadsheets from various carriers as well as perform necessary updates the POP lookup tool.
- Handle all day to day issue and error resolution within our pricing tools.
- SKU creation, management and testing for Instant Quote products in our pricing tools.
- Create and manage flat files of pricing data for all products (customer and internal facing).
- Perform other ad hoc reporting, data sorting / normalizing and analysis tasks as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a related industry working with data
- Understanding of database concepts, particularly data normalization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with proven ability to multitask in a high paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail, and ability to identify and rectify discrepancies in company data.
- Expertise in MS Excel and MS Access. Experience in SQL is a plus.
- Proven problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Highly responsive, self-motivated and able to act on own initiative.