Web & Graphic Designer
- New York, NY
For more than 30 years North American Membership Group, Inc. (NAMG) has excelled in creating and growing eleven distinct lifestyle clubs that thrive on the camaraderie we foster between our members and our clubs.
To provide Web development and analysis on NAMG systems according to specific timetables and criteria.
Job Responsibilities and Performance Expectations:
- Online design: Daily updates to creative components of all of NAMG’s core web properties, including core websites, e-news only sites, e-newsletters and more. Work with editorial, marketing and other stakeholders to translate their requests to actual online assets.
- Ability to execute a web design project from conception to completion. Translate/interpret design mockups/inspirations to HTML and WordPress skins as well as modify new web modules.
- Work collaboratively with marketing colleagues, IT, and other key stakeholders to capture design requirements and translate them into practical design solutions.
- Manage multiple projects, set and meet critical dates within design and execution process
- Produce rich designs and user interfaces around online content using HTML, CSS, JQuery, and other tools to produce powerful and dynamic web pages.
- Knowledgeable base of web standards, CSS3 based design, and cross-browser compatibility
- Solid foundation in user interface best practices, including design for search engine optimization, accessibility, and performance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of web development requirements as it relates to effective/useable designs
- Proficiency in the following applications:
- Wordpress (a must have)
- MAC OSX
- Microsoft Office (Excel/Word)
- PHP (a huge plus!)
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Direct marketing copywriting skills a plus.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
Education and/or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, coding or a related field, and/or 5 years equivalent experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- 15 days PTO plus 9 paid holidays
- Monthly “Bring Your Dog to Work Day” and other company events
- Casual Dress Code