- Lake Success, NY
North Shore-LIJ is an award-winning health system that includes world-class tertiary hospitals, a nationally distinguished children’s hospital, a renowned psychiatric facility and a mosaic of community hospitals, as well as a range of health and wellness programs
Supervises the Registered Nursing staff in the general performance of their duties.
- Supervises and evaluates staff Nurses through problem solving case conference and review, home visits and direct observation.
- Performs timely competency assessment/performance appraisals according to institutional schedules and policies.
- Oversees the distribution of patient referrals.
- Directs and monitors the appropriateness of scheduling and assignments.
- Confers with and advises professional staff regarding patient problems or difficulties.
- Arranges multi-disciplinary case conference with Director and/or management staff when patient problem is exceptional and joint problem solving is indicated.
- Performs regular case reviews with staff.
- Monitors documentation for evidence of coordination during record review.
- Assists with orienting all new Nursing staff to their role within the organization.
- Acts as a role model for new staff and facilitates staff development.
2. Performs management duties as related to the on-going functioning, growth and development.
- Provides input regarding the need for additional staff.
- Interviews candidates for professional positions.
- Assists with the implementation of student affiliation programs.
- Assists with obtaining pertinent data required for measurement of productivity.
- Handles, collaboratively, personnel problems and any subsequent disciplinary actions.
- Assists with the data collection to prepare monthly reports on statistics.
- Identifies potential shifts in service care needs or health care trends that impact on planning for future functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of changes in regulations, policies and procedures which directly affect the operations.
3. Assists the Director in ensuring the ongoing dynamic development of high standards of quality care.
- Participates in the development of the annual program evaluation and ongoing revision of the policy manual, position descriptions, nursing procedure manual, goals and objectives.
- Reviews documentation submitted by staff for inclusion in medical records to ensure adherence to standards of quality, appropriateness and compliance with regulations.
- Interprets and makes recommendations for changes in policies.
- Serves as a participating member of the agency’s professional committees.
- Assists in reviewing all support documentation and other information in relation to billing the third party payers.
4. Performs related duties, as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
Current Driver’s License.
Minimum of two (2) years experience as a registered Nurse in a community health setting.
Must have own transportation available to provide on-site supervision
If interested, please e-mail your resume to me at Jjoseph24@nshs.edu .