Project Manager, Meaningful Use
- Lake Success, NY
North Shore-LIJ is an award-winning health system that includes world-class tertiary hospitals, a nationally distinguished children’s hospital, a renowned psychiatric facility and a mosaic of community hospitals, as well as a range of health and wellness programs
As Project Manager of Meaningful Use you will plan, manage and coordinate the enterprise Meaningful Use (MU) initiative as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). You will also collaborate with MU program and clinical information systems leadership to support implementation of MU requirements into ongoing clinical system deployment efforts, establish timelines and ensure project deadlines are met, as well as, maintain integrity and ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time-frame.
- Develops extensive and up to date knowledge of MU regulations and clinical system applications.
- Acts as the subject matter expert and serves as the central point of contact and coordination of MU activities.
- Communicates MU knowledge with key stakeholders.
- Assists leadership in developing a MU strategy and tactical plan.
- Engages and liaises with site leadership to enable MU workflow adoption, reporting and achievement of MU measures, within established timelines.
- Collaborates with clinical operations, nursing and quality management to achieve operational goals necessary for meaningful use compliance.
- Develops and provides key status reporting and continued evolution of MU Stage requirements to leadership.
- Collaborates with clinical information systems to ensure current and future stages of MU are built appropriately into the system for end user utilization.
- Ensures end-users are educated and trained on which areas are required for MU.
- Coordinates data reporting and performs analysis to support performance improvement and department compliance.
- Maintains data integrity.
- Ensures reports are built appropriately to capture required data for attestation.
- Assists MU program leadership in reviewing and modifying policies and procedures necessary to achieve MU.
- Participates as a member of NSLIJ "Meaningful Use" workgroup, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Health Services or related field, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management, system implementation or clinical operations experience in a healthcare setting, required. Previous experience with compliance, rules and regulatory requirements, preferred.
- Stays up-to-date on current and future stages of Meaningful Use.
- Current knowledge of clinical practices and related information systems and computer application, required.
- Ability to work well with and communicate with all levels of management and physicians.