Outside Sales Specialist
- San Diego, CA
We are an all-inclusive client oriented hardware design, packaging and manufacturing house, based in beautiful San Diego, California. We apply our strong belief in innovation to design, assembly and test in the micro-electronics industry with special consideration to specificity and customization for all project ranges. Our corporate focus is in continuous collaboration with D.O.D (Department of Defense), Civil Service, government sub-contractors, and the burgeoning technology industry. NxGEN Electronics integrates creation and manufacturing of a wide variety of cutting edge products such as implantable medical devices, concentrated solar panels, miniaturized sensors, phased array antennas, extremely secure communications holding classified designation and advanced photonics.
Represent NxGEN Electronics (an ISO 9001 & 13485 certified entity), as an outside sales specialist. The NxGEN team is looking for a highly organized, relationship oriented, collaborative professional, who is proudly passionate about technology, determined to grow professionally and personally, while gracefully addressing unique technical challenges.Our ideal candidate will not only be proficient in the duties and responsibilities listed below, but will exhibit unwavering integrity, attention to detail and the ability to make critical decisions while exercising prudent judgment and embodying the NxGEN philosophy.
- valid state driver’s license and automobile insurance (travel co-requirement)
- variable required weekend and/or evening work.
- ability to consistently locate and develop quality client relationships in accordance with nxgen business plan and public awareness.
- competently nurture existing client base, increasing quantity and scope of future projects in a responsible manner to promote company growth.
- complete each and every sales cycle and stated quota per directive of executive team in a time sensitive environment.
- Complete all sales and marketing related requirements (eg. costing tools/quotes/ sales orders/sales reporting/follow up) accurately and in full compliance with client based specifications and company policies.
- Ability to work intimately with a variety of skill sets, personality types and work styles. Exhibit a synergistic approach to project management, incorporating Engineers, R&D, Manufacturing Departments as well as vendors and subcontractors to optimize quality of deliverables and promote a positive team environment.
- Diligently adhere to company directives when completing any and all Sales & Marketing initiatives and associated duties, paying special attention to interdepartmental cross-training, documentation and accurate reporting (disrupt tribal knowledge)
- Extensive travel (+ 50% potentially), which might include overnight travel.
- Advanced proficiency in Internet utilization, Microsoft Office applications, heavy Excel focus (Expert proficiency desirable), Peachtree accounting platform, ERP/ CRM knowledge, Adobe Cs6 or later, FTP, Sharepoint and web maintenance.
- In-depth comprehension and application of the industry specific selling process and sub-specialties such as, ISO standards, engineering design, packaging, manufacturing practices, medical device prototyping-production process, renewable energy (solar), aero & deep space applications, the goal of strengthening brand awareness in diverse markets
- Comprehensive event development conception to execution: design and content for all trade shows/seminars/workshops/PR related activities (including venue sourcing, logistics management, promotion of branding awareness, design collaboration of marketing collateral, creation of value added products and services, budget/resource management etc.)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Certificate of completion from an accredited trade school, college or university, and/or commensurate college level coursework completion is required without exception.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in technical area such as EE, IE, ME, technology management, from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- 3-5 years outbound sales experience with an emphasis on technical and technology based products or services, accompanied by quantifiable success year over year is required.
- G2 and above classification/security clearance is desirable.
- Substantial electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering experience desirable
- Functional knowledge of inbound sales principles and business ethics is necessary for successful employment with NxGEN Electronics.
- Government grant writing and DOD contract application process experience (SBIR’s and STTR’s) desired but not necessary.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- compensation: Base Salary commensurate with experience and 5% commission on authorized sales projects successfully completed.
- Benefits: HMO/PPO/Dental provided at a discount. Flex spend plan available after 12 months of continuous employment.
- Paid time off (PTO) and vacation (equal to three (3) calendar weeks per calendar year (12 months) pending successful completion of probationary period).
- Reimbursement: 100% Travel expenses (lodging, business class transportation, meals, incidentals).
- Continuing Education: NxGEN Electronics, Inc. fosters a strong belief in both corporate and individual improvement. Upon completion of probationary period NxGEN will reimburse up to 40% of the tuition for all employees meeting specific criteria, in a field or course of study related to or supportive of the micro-electronics industry/business development/manufacturing/Six Sigma/or technology.