Data Scientist - ZISHI Adaptive
- North St, Bromley BR1, UK
In just over 15 years, OSTC has become one of the leading proprietary trading companies in the world. Our success is based on hiring and developing talented people and helping them to perform to their maximum and fulfil their potential. We are a trading company, however, unlike many other trading companies, we are continually innovating new products to support our business.
ZISHI is our comprehensive platform for all knowledge and training, which powers the OSTC trading business across the world. Partnering with world-leading Artificial Intelligence specialists at University College London, Adaptive draws upon extensive OSTC data to bring valuable, performance-enhancing insights and tools into the individual and collective trading experience.
The role will be working closely with the Co-Head of ZISHI, OSTC’s Chief Technology Officer and senior stakeholders within the business (and external expert partners). The primary focus will be to help create and embed AI-powered technology into key areas of OSTC’s business.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Handling a vast amount of data, originating from various data sources, integrate, clean, and verify its integrity.
- Translating business opportunities and challenges into data, and data into actionable business insights, and into effective decision making
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning and statistical techniques.
- Being knowledgeable and proactive about data-related ethical issues.
- Enhancing the organization’s data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Being proactive about technology horizon scanning, test and evaluating data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for any context
- Having responsibility for the organisation’s data science strategy, being a go-to person from any data related question in OSTC.
You are a driven candidate with strong background in machine learning that can successfully help drive the creation and deployment of products for OSTC as well as third party clients. You have a genuine passion for data and it's mobilisation in products to improve business performance, within the domain areas of trading and education. You possess the ability to understand the wider business strategy and think critically about how the work they are doing contributes to the overall strategic goals.
- Solid work experience involving quantitative data analysis, machine learning and statistical analysis to solve problems, and develop data-oriented products.
- Degree (advanced degree preferred) in applied math, statistics, computer science or other related fields.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forests, etc.
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills, preferably using Python, optional: R, Weka, SPSS.
- Experience in database interrogation and analysis tools, such as Hadoop, SQL.
We are offering:
- Entrepreneurial culture and a truly international environment
- To work in a business with a clear growth plan.
- Flexible working hours and remote work opportunities.
- A clear personal progression and development plan.
Take the opportunity – We have built a company where financial success is tied closely to technical achievement. We are always on the lookout for people who can bring their intellect, enthusiasm, and ability to execute to the team.
Terms and Conditions: OSTC Limited is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. The OSTC Job Applicant Privacy Notice explains how we treat the information you submit and we collect as a part of the recruitment process. By using the OSTC careers website and submitting your personal information through this site, you agree that OSTC Limited may process your personal information for the purposes described in the OSTC Job Applicant Privacy Notice. OSTC Limited is the data controller for the information you provide through this website.
We promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. OSTC is an equal opportunity employer, therefore, all appointments and promotions are made on the basis of performance and ability.