• MS in Electrical Engineering with >7 years relevant experience or BS in Electrical Engineering with >8 years relevant experience.
• Demonstrated success in working in a team environment in both leader and follower roles.
• Expertise in the specification, operation and maintenance of power electronics components and subsystems.
• Expertise in the design and analysis of power electronics components and subsystems.
• Expertise in the application of electrical safety principles in environments containing significant electrical hazards (high voltage, high current, capacitive energy storage, radio-frequency fields).
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Education concentration in electromagnetics and power electronics theory and techniques.
• Knowledge of AC power distribution concepts for voltages up to 15 kV.
• Demonstrated success as a technical project manager.
• Expertise in the programming and utilization of programmable logic controllers and/or FPGA modules.
• Expertise in computer programming using languages such as C++ and Labview for data acquisition and/or test automation.
Work Direction and Interfaces:
• Reports to the High Voltage, Pulsed Power, and Magnet Systems Manager.
• Takes direction from the Lead Engineer for Power Supplies, Kickers, and Choppers.
• Interfaces with Electrical and RF Systems Group members, NScD staff, professional peers from non-ORNL institutions, ORNL business services, vendors and visitors.
• Represents group activities and interests within ORNL and at professional conferences, workshops, and collaboration meetings.