- Minneapolis, MN
Object Partners, Inc is an IT consulting firm specializing in Enterprise application development services since 1996. Our success is based on a model of full-time employees and a strategic focus on the JEE technology stack including Groovy/Grails, and open source technologies - as well as iOS. Our consultants have, on average, 12+ years of experience in software development utilizing mature, repeatable development processes.
Our services include project outsourcing, co-development, staff augmentation, and technology and process mentoring. OPI helps companies of all sizes build and deploy applications that are scalable, reliable, and can be easily extended and maintained.
Why consider OPI, and why do people dig working here?
- Variety of consulting; new technologies, projects, and people on a regular basis.
- Stability; we've been around since 1996 and have a diverse mix of clients and technologies to keep us busy, very busy. And we keep a bench. If you're not on a project, you're writing software for our internal business functions or you're learning new technologies. It's in our benefit to make our consultants as marketable as possible. That's good for your career.
- No politics or management; we don't get in the way. Why sit in meetings all day when you can code and be productive.
- Awesome benefits; free healthcare for your entire family (yes, free), 24 days of PTO + 10 days of sick time, quarterly profit sharing bonuses, you get paid OT, company trips (to Mexico), 2 company lake cabins/homes, various quarterly company events, new 17’ Macbook Pro’s, free beer/soda, chips, candy, and so much more.
- You work with the best. Do an Object Partners search on LinkedIn and see the types of talent we hire. You truly get to work with intelligent, passionate engineers that share the same goal of building great software the right way.
- Low company overhead. It all means more money back into our consultants pockets (profit sharing) or company trips and events to share in the financial success.
- Experience with Objective-C and XCode.
- Familiar with pre-ARC memory management techniques.
- Experience utilizing web services from a mobile application (REST, SOAP, WCF, or something similar).
- Experience with Unit Testing with OCUnit or other frameworks.
- Able to develop apps without Interface Builder.
- Experience analyzing and debugging applications with Instruments.
- Nice to have experience with mobile web technologies including HTML 5, CSS 3, Webkit, Sencha Touch, jQuery Mobile, and Spring Mobile (not required).
- Passion for software development. Someone that loves what they do, that aren't just in it for a paycheck. Do you have dev projects going on at home at all times?
- Aptitude for learning. New projects, new teams, new technologies means having to adjust and learn all the time. You might get thrown on a Grails or mobile project as well, so having the ability to jump in and get your feet wet without hesitation is important. If you don't want to grow and learn, I know a bunch of fortune 500 companies in town that would love to hire you.
- Positive, can-do attitude. We can teach the technology, but we can't teach how to approach client challenges with a positive, helpful demeanor. The best consultants aren't the most technical (although that sure helps), it's the consultant that will do whatever it takes to see a client be successful, no matter what they throw at you.
We do Java, Grails, Rails, and Mobile and a sprinkling of other fun open source technologies. If that fits your interests, you're sick of corporate America, want more variety, and want stability and awesome benefits, let's talk.