- 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT, UK
- Job Level: 5
At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Exceptional opportunity to be a key part of a small team at Octopus that is building high volume fintech platforms. Our first product, OctopusChoice.com is the fastest growing p2p lending platform in Europe. Our design team work closely with Product Managers, who run SCRUM development teams to deliver constant changes and improvements across all our platforms. You will be constantly: exposed to innovation, building new products, and engineering for high growth. Fun!\n
- You are a digital native, you’ve always designed for both mobile as well as responsive web.
- You follow trends but are not slave to them.
- You have your own vision but are happy to collaborate with other designers when necessary.
- You dream in pixels.
- You are empathetic to people, have an eye on technical constraints and driven by business goals.
- You are an empathetic problem-solver who sees everything as a prototype that you love testing and constantly iterating to improve.
- You know how to measure customer happiness with analytics and heat maps.
- You are an all-rounder who can take a product from discovery with stakeholders to final designs and specification for developers.
- You are inventive and experimental.
- You enjoy owning design and making independent design decisions.
- You are able to communicate and explain the rationale to stakeholders at various levels
- You love to practice latest design thinking and comfortable shaping and leading product teams through Design Process.
- You are detailed and organized
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You have a passion for quality design and innovation
- You have a thirst for learning
- Flexible working hours
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits
- Relaxed, creative environment
- Stunning office
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to execute creative solutions
- Design intuitive interfaces and craft authentic experiences with business goals in sight
- Bring ideas to the table, explain your point of view, and take feedback and direction
- Balance multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines without breaking a sweat
- Firm understanding of information architecture and UX design
- Sketch and wireframe digital experiences
- Create user flows, workflow mappings, and other communication artefacts
- Deliver clear information architecture in all deliverables
- Design consistent interfaces and experiences across multiple devices
- Work closely with stakeholders to design new features from the ground up
- Consistent support to partner teams to successfully drive design that meets customer experience and business goals
- Solid foundation in visual design
- Solid technical understanding and experience working with engineering to deliver great user experiences
- Experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.