External Business Development Manager- Cotswold
- High street, Bristol, County (optional), United Kingdom
- Job Level: 4
At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
As an External Business Development Manager (EBDM) for Octopus Investments, your role will be to drive sales of our investment products through building and maintaining relationships with financial advisers. Your time will be spent offering excellent customer communications to our current, growing network of financial advisers, as well as identifying and reaching out to new financial adviser partners. This role sits within Octopus Investments, a business on a mission to change the investment industry for the better.
● Maintain relationships with existing network of financial adviser clients to maximise sales opportunities for the Octopus Investments product range.
● Develop relationships with financial advisers who have no prior knowledge of Octopus Investments.
● Work in partnership with Internal Business Development Managers in your region.
● Conduct face-to-face meetings with and give presentations to new and prospective clients.
● Understand a complex suite of solutions and translate them into simple solutions for advisers.
● Attend industry conferences/seminars.
● Assist in the building of structured plans to develop relationships in designated region.
● Deliver high levels of customer service at all times.
● Constantly improve product and industry knowledge.
What you’ll need to be successful:
● Previous experience in a similar role, building and maintaining financial adviser relationships throughout the UK.
● Proven results delivering incremental growth through existing relationships, as well as the ability to attract and cement new business relationships.
● High quality interpersonal skills which emanate honesty and integrity.
● A clear, concise and articulate communication style, with an ability to be influential when needed.
● Numerical literacy in order to understand innovative and unique financial products.
● Presentation skills.
● A strong work ethic, with the ability to work effectively from home.
● Drive, ambition and self-motivation.
● Confident using technology, including CRMs.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where our employees feel empowered. We offer our employees a number of benefits, including:
● Salary + on-target bonus (paid quarterly) + discretionary annual bonus
● ‘Take what you need’ annual leave
● Paid study opportunities
● Health and life insurance
● Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
● Flexible, fast-paced company culture