- 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT, UK
- Job Level: 6
At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
This role sits within Octopus Investments. Octopus Investments was the first company in the Group. We decided to change the investment world for the better, by offering private investors and institutions simple, jargon-free products designed to solve real-life issues.
About the role
The role is in the Octopus Investments marketing function. The marketing team is responsible for creating and delivering impactful campaigns that support the business and sales strategy, by reaching a defined target audience to achieve set objectives.
This role is broadly split into two key roles – delivery of BAU marketing materials and customer communications across all products, and creation of new content according to the campaign plan.
Essential job functions
Day-to-day management and delivery of BAU marketing materials, such as updates to product brochures, sales aids and application forms. This includes briefing the copy and design teams, managing documents through the compliance approvals process, through to getting the items printed and live on the website.
- Supplier management (includes briefing, managing and feeding back to our printing and fulfilment supplier).
- Stock control of marketing materials (weekly management of stock levels and reordering when appropriate).
- Support marketing managers on the creation of new content (blogs, articles, videos, guides etc.)
- Help to manage sales leads identified by campaigns.
- Management of some monthly communications to advisers and investors, ensuring that they go to the right recipients at the right time.
- Working with the relevant business areas to ensure all customer communication and In-life messaging is reflecting of the Octopus brand
No specific industry/sector knowledge is required. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, has a passion for marketing and is eager to grow and develop within the role.
Job specific traits
- The candidate should be very well organised, thorough, and be able to manage a varied workload.
- Attention to detail and care about quality is essential.
- The candidate should be able to think clearly under pressure, and prioritise their own work.
- Comfortable juggling a variety of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient using MS Office
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.