Payroll and Benefits Specialist
- 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT, UK
- Department: People
- Sub Team: HR Operations
As member of the HR Operations team, you will be responsible for providing reward advice, support and data to the people team and beyond. You will facilitate the cost-effective management and administration of employee compensation and benefits. Working closely with our Co Sec team you will manage the administration of our share schemes. You will manage the monthly processing of the payroll.
About the Role
Share Scheme Administration
- Manage the day to day operations of our equity or share plans – including co-ordinating, communicating and managing any annual award and/or vesting process for options and managing the equity tracking portal.
- Work closely with internal/external third-party stakeholders to develop and enhance procedures associated with equity awards.
- Manage and respond to all participant queries regarding the share schemes and act as the key point of contact for equity awards.
- Work with the relevant internal teams to mange the periodic tax and regulatory reviews of the Group’s share plans and complete any statutory tax, legal and regulatory filings in relation to the Group share plans.
- Produce and maintain reports regarding share plan activity.
- Manage and administer the group private medical insurance (PMI) and risk schemes (life assurance, critical illness, permanent health insurance) and support the implementation of employee benefit initiatives.
- Manage our benefits portal – actioning, updating and authorising payments accordingly.
- Work with the Head of HR Ops to ensure all relevant benefits documentation and communications are issued in a timely manner and that communications are clear, accurate, informative and engaging. This includes ensuring that the benefit information on the intranet remains accurate and up to date.
- Monthly management and processing of two payrolls (UK and Australia). Working with an outsourced payroll bureau you will ensure:
- the correct variables are inputted, processed and checked each month
- statutory requirements such as court orders/student loans, attachments of earning are complied with
- payrolls are signed off and finance team notified of tax and funds to transfer
- manage all the associated payroll end of month activities i.e. GAYE transfers, SIP updates, pension reconciliation
- efficient and high-quality execution of payroll process, adhering to performance metrics and internal timelines for operational effectiveness.
- Responsible for the yearly production of P11Ds, ensuring P60s are completed and any other year end processes as required.
- Assist with and supporting the delivery of the annual salary review process (Year End) to include data cleansing, data analysis, creation of summary reports for the People Team and undertake all cyclical activities associated with the process.
- Collate and analyse data for the annual reporting and submission of Gender Pay and working with Head of HR Ops and Marketing to produce the requisite report.
- Support the Recruitment Team and HRBPs with benchmarking salaries against internal and external comparators.
- Completion of salary surveys for the office of national statistics.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Advanced Excel coupled with good knowledge of all other Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience in share plan administration advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills coupled with the ability to manage several different tasks simultaneously ensuring that timelines are adhered to.
- Able to investigate issues and respond appropriately by gathering and evaluating different sources of information and drawing on various resources.
- Proven skills in developing and managing relationships, internally and with 3rd party suppliers.
- Comfortable working at pace, often in a rapidly changing environment where the context is shifting and occasionally ambiguous.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills as well as an analytical and curious mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Process driven with a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Demonstrates a real passion to help drive the delivery of HR initiatives supporting the business values & purposes, delighting/exceeding customer expectations.
And to really stand out from the crowd:
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude who can regroup and reorganise when goal posts move.
- Previous working experience of using a HRIS system coupled.
- Diligent and dependable with a passion and will to succeed.