QA Automation Lead
- New York, NY
Offerpop is social marketing platform / start up in NYC, we are about 50+ people and are changing the way the worlds most dynamic marketers interact with their fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter. We offer a unique and dynamic development environment, easy going, smart and friendly team to work with and cool and comfortable office space.
Offerpop is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented QA Automation Lead to own our QA cycle and ensure our products meet our high expectations. This is a role for an up and coming QA super star, who wants to be challenged working collaboratively within an innovative environment helping to define and continuously improve, an excellent Quality Assurance Lifecycle.
- Work closely with the product and development teams to understand product requirements, architecture, and technology..
- Collaborate with development team throughout the SDLC to achieve a complete understanding of company products and formulate testing strategies and solutions.
- Design, develop and deploy test procedures for our wide range of products.
- Instill best practices for testing and QA throughout Offerpop, assure test coverage completeness, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Triage test execution results and validate against product requirements and with product team. File bugs where appropriate.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Maintain, enhance, and champion automated testing scripts for use during Development and QA cycles.
- 2-5+ years of experience writing automation scripts and using testing tools for both desktop and mobile (eg. Selenium, Chrome, developer tools).
- Desire to learn new tools/tech and apply as needed strongly encouraged, such as: zombie.js and casper.js
- Familiarity with Social Network (Facebook, Twitter, etc) integrations.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems and QA challenges.
- Experience with RESTful web services and cloud-based architectures is a plus.Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus.Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent shift in areas of focus.
- Experience with RESTful web services and cloud-based architectures is a plus.
- Familiarity with our stack - Linux, Apache, MySQL, Python is a plus.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Full benefits--Medical, Dental, 401(k) plan, and commuter benefits.
- Early employee--you will think of Offerpop as your own company, not just a job.
- Work side-by-side with our founders--start up guys with a track record of success.
- The laptop of your choice--Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- Software stack: Python, Ubuntu, Apache, Memcache, Mysql, Django, SQLAlchemy, Prototype
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.