- Phoenix, AZ
OfficeMax Incorporated (OMX) is a leader in integrating products, solutions and services for the workplace, whether for business or at home. The OfficeMax mission is simple: We provide workplace innovation that enables our customers to work better. The company provides office supplies and paper, print and document services, technology products and solutions, and furniture to businesses and consumers. OfficeMax consumers and business customers are served by approximately 29,000 associates through OfficeMax.com; OfficeMaxSolutions.com and Reliable.com; more than 900 stores in the U.S. and Mexico; and direct sales and catalogs.
1. Direct the activities of ImPress team members and set an example of outstanding customer service.
2. Ensure accurate and timely processing of all customer requests for ImPress services.
3. Train associates on ImPress products and services and enhance the staff’s sales techniques to improve sales
4. Ensure that ImPress is properly stocked, clean and well organized and supply orders are maintained to
5. Partner with the Supervisor, Sales Manager and Store Manager on sales and marketing strategies to increase
sales, including inside/outside canvassing efforts.
6. Ensure that all appropriate orders are sent to the hub store whenever necessary Communicate large
customer “leads” to Corporate Account Managers.
7. Ensure daily communication with all team members utilizing huddle meetings; review all store/corporate
communications; maintain ImPress communication binder.
8. Observe and watch for loss prevention issues and advise management of any unusual activity and train team
members in the loss prevention program.
9. Manage the custom order programs provided by various vendors and ensure prepayment. Monitor sales
associate compliance to ordering procedures and vendor compliance to timely and quality performance.
Resolve all order issues directly with the vendor.
10. Act as sales leader as designated by scheduling needs, ensure customer service standards are met, address
issues that arise as appropriate and follow-up with management for resolution.
11. Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control
procedures and customer service guidelines.
12. Provide feedback to management regarding the performance of ImPress associates.
13. Responsible for all information communicated through the weekly Operations Update.
14. Understand the store sales and profit plan and how ImPress impacts the plan.
15. Read and follow direction provided on the daily news page of @Max Retail.
16. Participate in discussions conducted on the communication devices, including answering questions, assisting
team members when needed, offering praise to team members, and participating in ongoing training as a
means of better serving customers
17. Provide assistance in all areas of the store based on business need; perform all other tasks and assignments
as requested by Store Management.
18. Live and promote OfficeMax Core Values, Brand Essence and Mission.
19. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties,
responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Education, Certification & Licenses:
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a customer service team member with previous supervisory and cash
handling experience preferred
• Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals
• Able to calculate prices and provide accurate quotes to customers
• Working knowledge of Macintosh and Windows based computers and modem based communications.
• Working knowledge of DTP experience preferred
• Familiar with PageMaker, Freehand, Illustrator, WordPerfect, Quark Express, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
• Able to convert documents from hard copy format to digital format
Work Conditions, Physical and Sensory Requirements:
• Work full-time hours on a variety of day/evening shifts, including weekends, as needed; broad availability
• Have a valid driver’s license and insurance and maintain an excellent driving record. Operate vehicle in safe
and courteous manner, reports all incidents or accidents to manager
• Able to lift, move or carry medium-weight objects (up to 55 pounds) and climb 8’ to 10’ ladders
• Able to stand and move about for extended periods of time; reach, bend, stoop, etc.
• Effectively interact with customers and be capable of handling customer inquiries and issues
• Have good attention to detail and the ability to maintain composure while supervising multiple tasks
• Able to provide resolution in a courteous and professional manner
• Attention to detail and the ability to maintain composure while multi tasking
• Able to interact with associates/management to promote teamwork
Apply online at jobs.officemax.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
OfficeMax is an equal opportunity employer that employs persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (40 and over), veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. OfficeMax uses E-Verify to determine the eligibility of employees to work in the US.