- Cottonwood, AZ
OfficeMax Incorporated (OMX) is a leader in integrating products, solutions and services for the workplace, whether for business or at home. The OfficeMax mission is simple: We provide workplace innovation that enables our customers to work better. The company provides office supplies and paper, print and document services, technology products and solutions, and furniture to businesses and consumers. OfficeMax consumers and business customers are served by approximately 29,000 associates through OfficeMax.com; OfficeMaxSolutions.com and Reliable.com; more than 900 stores in the U.S. and Mexico; and direct sales and catalogs.
At OfficeMax, delighting every customer requires the dedication of all store associates working together as a team. As an Operations Supervisor, you are the owner of what goes on “behind the scenes.” You strongly believe that a store has to have organized processes in place in order to provide best-in-class customer service for each and every guest that walks into the store. You get excited about maintaining the store’s merchandising appearance, making sure shelves are fully stocked and that all customers are checked out by a friendly and efficient cashier. You are a member of the store leadership team, you open and close the store, address associate needs and perform the functions of the Manager on Duty. You take pride in your work and expect the same from others around you. From OfficeMax, you will be respected and recognized for your ability to delight each and every customer, strong work ethic and commitment to the highest levels of integrity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Delight the customer by offering a simple yet superior level of personalized and profession service
* Ensure an inviting environment for customers and fellow team members by maintaining a neat and clean store that exemplifies our clean, in-stock store priorities.
* Maintain proper procedures for cash handling and back end processing of merchandise
* Lead the store’s shrink and safety awareness program and advise Store Team Leaders of any unusual activities or unsafe practices
* Direct associates and participate in setting store planograms and validate that store merchandising standards, including data integrity are maintained at all times.
* Monitor operational reports to identify opportunities for improved execution for implementation
High school or GED required, some college preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of sales and customer service experience in a professional retail selling environment; previous supervisory and cash handling experience preferred
- Ability to lead, coach and direct the work of others in a supportive manner with the goal of delighting the customer
- Ability to follow up on operational processes, including providing feedback to store leadership and developing action plans on proper execution
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as necessary
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All interested candidates need to also apply online through our corporate website at: www.officemax.com/careers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
OfficeMax is an equal opportunity employer that employs persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (40 and over), veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. OfficeMax uses E-Verify to determine the eligibility of employees to work in the US.