Sous Chef - Muskoka
- Windermere, Canada
Our Sous Chefs have a proven track record of cooking in a demanding environment as well as experience in recruiting, training, development and overall management of their cooks. Our Sous Chefs are hands on with cooking and managing their teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates the restaurant's vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforces the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the restaurant's future.
- Consistently monitors kitchen operations and cleanliness.
- Builds and maintains relationships with team members and front of house management alike.
- Follows proper ordering, inventory and receiving procedures.
- Shows leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking.
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the restaurant.
- Conducts recruitment and selection, training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching.
- Uses conflict/resolution and problem solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of previous Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine experience in a similar environment.
- Passion for food & culinary excellence.
- High level of integrity, discipline and vision.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships; strong team leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Reputation for paying fanatical attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Thrives in a performance based culture.
- Very hands on approach and motivates others by setting the example.
Accommodations available onsite.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
No calls from recruiters please!