- Windermere, Canada
Oliver & Bonacini is the exclusive restaurant and foodservice provider at the landmark Windermere House resort on beautiful Lake Rosseau. Spend the summer by the water while developing your hospitality career! Windermere House Resort offers an exciting job experience for those who are passionate about hospitality and enjoy spending their summer outdoors.
The Executive Chef is responsible for leading, motivating and engaging multiple culinary teams by executing the highest standard of culinary excellence. He/she oversees all food preparation for all food and beverage outlets including events space. The Executive Chef is also accountable for ensuring maximum productivity and cost-effectiveness through food and labour costing initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates the company's vision to all team members and leads by example
- Supervises activities and instructs cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Reinforces the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the restaurant’s future
- Consistently monitors kitchen operations and cleanliness
- Builds and maintains relationships with team members and front of house management alike
- Follows proper ordering, inventory and receiving procedures
- Shows leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote Windermere House
- Conducts recruitment and selection and training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching
- Uses conflict/resolution and problem solving skills
- Responsible for managing budgets and annual strategic planning
- Executes client menu tastings for events and functions
- Responsible for menu creation
- Responsible for equipment and facility maintenance reporting and follow up
- A minimum of 7 years of culinary leadership experience, including Hotel/Resort, Banquet and Restaurant experience
- Culinary Arts or Management education
- Red Seal, Certified Chef de Cuisine Designation /Certification desirable
- Serve Safe Certification
- Strong business acumen
- Self-starter, flexible and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Human resources management skills such as: recruitment, selection, training, performance management
- Strong leadership skills
- Time management skills
Accomodations are available on-site.
This is a seasonal role with premanant opportunities available.
** Only selected applicants will be contacted to move forward in the hiring process**