Catering Event Coordinator
- Toronto, Canada
Drawing on Chef Jamie Meireles’ extensive selection of expertly-crafted, freshly prepared, seasonal dishes, our dedicated event coordinators will work with you to custom-design a menu that perfectly suits your needs and event vision.
Enhance your next corporate or social gathering with the exceptional quality, excellence and professionalism on which Oliver & Bonacini has built its reputation.
Are you looking for an opportunity to build your superior sales skills to grow the business of a leader in the events and catering industry? Oliver & Bonacini Events is looking for an eager and knowledgeable events professional l to join our growing team!
As the Catering Event Coordinator you will assist in implementing sales and marketing efforts of the new catering branch of the business – O&B Caters. This would include securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and assisting with sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability while maintaining guest satisfaction.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively solicit, book and finalize events based on function room capacities and various set-up options
- Assist clients with the event and menu planning while suggestively selling menus, which meet client needs and maximize revenues
- Contact clients after scheduled functions to ensure satisfaction and to solicit rebooking
- Responsibility for maximizing revenues, acting as a liaison between clients and operating departments
- Responsibility for acquiring and developing new accounts while managing existing accounts to ensure repeat sales
- Identify market segments and prospect corporations for social and corporate business
- Conduct tours and meetings to showcase facilities with perspective clients
- Handle daily correspondence regarding sales inquiries
- Continually keep well-informed of the competition’s top accounts, decision makers, rates, industry trends and what it will take to move business
- Monitor guest reactions while in house to find opportunities to exceed expectations and handle any guest complaints ensuring 100% guest satisfaction
- When required, available to Greet client on the day of the event prior to guest arrival in order to review details and ensure accuracy of set up and details, and hand over to executing team
The ideal candidate for this position brings two to three years of event and catering sales experience including wedding and off-site catering coordination.
- Ability to up-sell menu items, beverages, wines and facilities to maximize revenue
- Ability to continually exceed sales goals
- Ability to prepare accurate cost estimates
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- College or University graduate preferably in a hospitality related program
- Knowledge of menu development, menu/event planning
- Able to effectively and efficiently meet deadlines