QA Engineer Lead
- New York, NY
Omnigon conceptualizes, designs, develops and delivers award-winning digital solutions for the sports, media and entertainment industries. Our core competencies include strategy consulting, development of social and mobile platforms, and enterprise systems. We challenge ourselves to deliver cutting-edge technologies that strengthen the digital experiences of our partners’ brands, helping them foster meaningful relationships with their audiences. Headquartered in New York and with offices in Toronto and Kiev, Omnigon is a growing multinational, multicultural company.
The Quality Assurance Engineer Lead is responsible creating the overall methodology and formal QA process with a focus on Automation. This position will also perform daily analysis and execution of test efforts across a multitude of product releases. In addition, the QA Engineer Lead will help increase the technical knowledge of the team, specifically focusing on Automation, including functionality, usability, load/performance, regression as well as backend knowledge.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to document test artifacts (plan, cases) and execution of test cases from design documentation and functional specifications
- Following quality procedures and test standards, execute manual and automated tests for multiple software builds within scheduled releases. Test approaches include client/server, white-box, black-box, positive/negative, and relational database testing.
- Analyze test results and document defect/issues including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate.
- Proactively troubleshoot with Business Analysts, Software Developers and QA peers to replicate/identify, and resolve issues
- Proactively alert QA team and provide regular progress reports of all issues as necessary
- Proactively monitor health and visibility of the QA effort on each build in order to assist senior team's gap analysis and risk mitigation.
- Experience with tools like Selenium, Sikuli, Appium, Sauce Labs, Pythin, Robot Framework, etc
- Proven interpersonal, analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Experience in testing mobile, client/server and web applications
- Information systems analysis, design, development or implementation experience
- Familiarity with different phases of SDLCs and Testing Methodologies
- Intermediate proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements
- Experience using Jira, or similar for specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects is a plus
- Interest in working with cutting edge technologies is essential.
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency with Relational Databases, including building simple SQL statements
- Excellent communication and self-motivation skills