- New York, NY
Omnigon is a team of engineers, designers and product visionaries, all working together to create compelling digital experiences for the sports, media and entertainment industries. With offices in New York, Toronto and Kiev, we're a multinational, multicultural company.
The Omnigon team understands the importance of marrying elegant design with technology that people enjoy using. We love art, technology, sports, TV, music and movies and we tend to hang out with others who also like those things.
Helping some of the most important companies in the sports, media and entertainment world develop and execute digital strategies is a big responsibility. It requires smart, innovative, digital experts who love what they do.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to document test artifacts (plan, cases) and execution of test cases from design documentation and functional specifications
- Following quality procedures and test standards, execute manual and automated tests for multiple software builds within scheduled releases. Test approaches include client/server, white-box, black-box, positive/negative, and relational database testing.
- Analyze test results and document defect/issues including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate.
- Proactively troubleshoot with Business Analysts, Software Developers and QA peers to replicate/identify, and resolve issues
- Proactively alert QA team and provide regular progress reports of all issues as necessary
- Proactively monitor health and visibility of the QA effort on each build in order to assist senior team's gap analysis and risk mitigation
- Proven interpersonal, analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Experience in testing mobile, client/server and web applications
- Relevant technical training and professional work experience
- Information systems analysis, design, development or implementation experience
- Familiarity with different phases of SDLCs and Testing Methodologies
- Intermediate proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements
- Experience using Jira, Bugzilla, or Mercury Test suite for specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects is a plus
- Interest in working with cutting edge technologies is essential.
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency with Relational Databases, including building simple SQL statements
- Excellent communication and self-motivation skills