Fixtures Engineer (100-130K / commission)
- Schaumburg, IL
Onward Technologies Inc is a Global Engineering and Design Services company with offices in North America, Europe & Asia. We are a team of 1700+ engineers providing high end design, consulting and professional services in the mechanical engineering domain. To know more about us please visit - http://www.onwardgroup.com.
Mechanical Engineer with machine tool experience & applications.
Heavy Duty Engineering / Process Engineering on a manufacturing side.
BS with 7+ years or MS degree with 5+ years of experience in mechanical design.
* Knowledge of mechanical design principles and material selection.
* Knowledge of volume product design and design for manufacturability. Experienced with machining, sheet metal, stamping, die casting, injection molding processes.
* Knowledge in design to comply with thermal, vibration and tight tolerance requirements.
* Expert knowledge of 3D CAD design tools.
* Knowledge of computational fluid dynamics and thermal modeling tool would be an added advantage.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment. The desired candidate must be capable of working in a cross functional team with minimal supervision.
Required Qualifications* Produce mechanical packaging designs that meet performance, cost and manufacturability requirements. Designs must comply with requirements.
* Carry product design from concept to production release.
* Perform prototype design and fixture/tooling design for production process.
* Performing design of experiments and failure analysis to test design performance under stress conditions and to resolve issues found.
* Conducting design reviews. Generation of design documentation.
* Provide post-release technical support.
Successful applicants must possess the following attributes in priority:
#1. CNC fixture design proficiency
#3 Strain Stress Analysis
#4 Proficient w/ NX Unigraphics software