Plant engineer (100-110K)
- DeWitt, IA
Onward Technologies Inc is a Global Engineering and Design Services company with offices in North America, Europe & Asia. We are a team of 1700+ engineers providing high end design, consulting and professional services in the mechanical engineering domain. To know more about us please visit - http://www.onwardgroup.com.
· Oversee and manage multiple disciplines and engineering staff to include Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance, and Process Engineering.
· Schedule repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
· Work to support and troubleshoot issues with control systems including PLC programming and interface systems to PLC’s such as MMI, SCADA and other.
· Determine design requirements, prepare specifications and drawings, procure necessary materials and services, and coordinate installation and maintenance systems for major capital projects and plant improvements.
· Evaluate engineering and maintenance employees to ensure that all personnel are trained to the highest standards.
· Ensure that health & safety procedures and environment policies are followed and company guidelines are implemented.
· Review work requests to determine work priorities and allocation of resources.
· Bachelor degree in Engineering required (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial preferred)
· 5+ Years engineering supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
· Strong problem solving and process improvement skills related to a manufacturing environment
· Ability to coordinate with other departments and managers to work as a team
· Experience with environmental and safety regulations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Six sigma experience preferred