Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Executes product, marketing and business strategies and roadmaps to enable achievement of regional Plan sales and profit objectives.
· Responsible for the success of approved NPD programs (quality, cost, schedule, sell-in, sell-through, consumer satisfaction).
· Participation on cross-functional teams to execute the NPD plan. Drive accountability for task milestones.
· Responsible for continually improving the standardized NPD methods to reduce cycle time, thereby reducing unnecessary costs and improving market responsiveness.
· Conducts periodic SKU productivity analysis and SKU / model reduction.
· Manage the development of product owner’s manuals.
· Responsible for assisting with product cost analysis and cost improvement initiatives.
· Responsible for execution of product segment roadmaps to ensure optimal positioning and utilization of the assigned product group(s) across all market segments.
o Understand implications of the recommendations and is prepared with contingencies and alternative course of action if necessary.
o Assists with development of customer strategies. Understands role each customer plays and how to successfully market our products through our key customers. .
o Works with internal departments to identify, analyze and implement programs based on consumer insight and trend data. Is able to effectively link consumer insights into tangible, strategic plans.
· Responsible for the continuous improvement of product group(s) in terms of quality, performance, packaging, manufacturing process, profitability, cost reduction and cost of goods sold.
· Responsible for type and quality of packaging utilized for the assigned product groups.
· Responsible for identifying areas of potential market research to stay current on consumer insight, trends, new products and packaging (regional marketing teams are responsible for conduct of market research).
· Execute objectives for packaging structure; work with regional marketing teams to assure graphic design communicates relevant product attributes.
· Responsible for assisting with the product P&L.
· Execution of NPD process documentation and tracking.
· Responsible for partnering with Sales and Sales Forecasting departments on producing, maintaining and updating new product forecasts.
· Directs and performs existing product performance testing as well as new product testing.
· Continuously monitors product group performance and customer satisfaction in order to proactively resolve problems and minimize loss or exposure.
· Responsible for partnering with Director NPD / NPD Product Manager on determination of product and packaging colors.
· Participation in execution and analysis of facts and trends of the product category, competitive product entries and consumer usage and attitudes with internal and external resources; recommends action to capitalize on profit opportunities or correct problem areas.
· Evaluation and analysis of market conditions. Makes recommendations for revising strategies and the Operating Plans as needed.