- Calgary, Canada
An exciting opportunity awaits you as a Talent Manager for OpsMobil, an oilfield service and operations company with aviation capabilities. The Talent Manager is accountable and responsible for the overall management of several functions within the OpsMobil Academy including: Recruitment, Selection, Onboarding, Performance Management, Reward/Recognition Programs, HR Records, Leave Management, Benefits, Compensation Planning/Interpretation, and Succession/Retention Programs.
Oversees the recruitment, selection and onboarding of talent
Ensures that all recruitment, selection and onboarding activities are in compliance with Labour Law
Ensures that all recruitment and selection processes are in alignment with Corporate Strategy
Leads annual planning for recruitment activities
Provides leadership in the use of the OpsMobil HCMS in all talent management activities
- Participates in activities related to succession planning and employee retention
Development, implementation, and maintenance of Employee Records System
Oversees all processes and activities focused on Leave Management such as: vacation leave, medical leaves and unpaid leave requests.
Acts as OpsMobil Benefits Administrator
Maintains compensation standards
Informs leadership of compensation trends and market intelligence as related to compensation
Oversees the administration of the performance management system
Ensures that all managers are trained on the use of the OpsMobil performance management system
Coaches managers on performance management process
Assures the alignment of the performance management system with Career Development of employees
- Ensures that Individual Development Plans (IDP) exist for all employees and that the IDP’s are aligned to performance goals and competency profiles
Ensures that the OpsMobil Human Capital Management System (HCMS) is used effectively for all areas under this positions accountability/responsibility
Provides leadership in the maintenance/development of the HCMS
Provides leadership for reporting on Academy functions within delegated authority
Provides advice to managers on issues related to HR
Ensures that all HR functions are in compliance with provincial and federal labour laws
- Ensures that all processes under the authority of this position meet ISO requirements
Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, Business or related discipline.
CHRP designation will be considered an asset
8-10 years of work experience in HR required.
Experience in employee relations.
Strong computer literacy
- Experience with online HCMS software will be considered an asset
- Results-oriented, team player with a high degree of initiative.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels, build rapport and maintain relationships.
- Diplomatic and professional at all times.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Solid organizational, planning and self-management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and adjust to heavy workloads and changing business priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills.
A standard office environment, occasional travel may be required.
Occasional travel via company small aircraft may be required.
- Understands and adopts the company’s safety culture with attention to SMS policies and procedures.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applicants must include a copy of their resume to be considered.