- Tempe, AZ
Optima Technologies, Inc. a leading IT Professional Services firm has been engaged to provide a DB Developer for a Tempe company. Direct Hire.
This position is responsible for the coding and quality of back-end SQL development for the Service Recovery and CRM department. The success of this position is directly coupled to bringing SQL development best practices to build manageable, scalable, and high-performance SQL code. As a database developer, your role is to design, develop, implement and tune complex enterprise level database systems, tools, and business intelligence solutions.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test solutions
- Work in live transaction databases, operational data stores and small data mart environments
- Write queries, stored procedures, functions and views
- Respond to user requests for new tables, procedures, views and reports
- Lead and mentor developers around SQL coding. Assist developers in tuning and troubleshooting their data access layer. Understand the difference between writing T-SQL that just returns the results asked for and tuned/optimized T-SQL.Using data modeling tools to optimize overall database schemas for targeted environments and use
- Develop both new databases as well as extending, consolidating and tuning existing database environments
- Develop SSIS packages to transfer data from live transaction environments
- Develop reports with SQL Reporting Services
- Act as subject matter expert for data management principles, modeling, design, and development for a large data environment
- Guide and govern code based best practices and standards
- Manage/administer the development, quality assurance and user acceptance testing database
- Track and document data layer for applications and systems
- Tune and troubleshoot database performance issues
- Under graduated degree in CS/CE/CIS/MIS or Engineering/Technology or related field or equivalent experience/training
- 5+years experience developing, troubleshooting and tuning Microsoft SQL
- 6+ years of Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008). This position is not for an application developer with database work experience or a database administrator
- 5+years experience with high volume, high profile, enterprise database operations
- 5+years experience creating scripts, (vbscript, Powershell, or shell) in a professional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication including ability to draft and formalize technical documentation
- Experience and understanding of various SQL Server features such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, XML etc. and how they are used. Expertise in one or more would be a big plus.
- Experience with writing deployment scripts or deployment packages (executable) for various target environments like development, test and production.
- Experience managing database asset within a source control system like TFS, Perforce, SVN, CVS, Visual Source Safe etc.
- Must have a strong understanding of the SQL Server database engine works, including but not limited to: Physical storage, indexing, physical database design best practices, and have a good understanding of the Query Optimizer.
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and, specifically, what activities and artifacts a database developer has in each part of that lifecycle.
- Experience with tools such as those offered by Red Gate, Quest software, Embarcadero and/or Erwin etc.
- Details-driven personality with a strong desire to develop and document processes and tools
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and ensure tasks are completed on schedule
- Real work experience within a data warehouses environment is a big plus
- Developing and experience with CRM database - a plus
- Experience with Active Directory domains, account administration, and Windows security - a plus
Send resume for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org