Consultant I - Azure Active Directory I Remote, USA
- Overland Park, KS, USA
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Optiv Consultant, Microsoft Security Services will be working on customer(s) engagements as a Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Azure Information Protection (AIP) expert. You’ll be a key player in the security roadmap and consulting efforts that address a wide variety of customer needs in the Microsoft Data Protection capabilities. This resource will be assisting with gathering requirements from the client’s business units and working with the technical teams to meet these requirements for policy and technical configuration of Microsoft AAD, Migrations to AAD, and Microsoft Data Protection (AIP). These responsibilities include communicating directly with customers and account teams, managing communication and dissemination of audit and security material, and ensuring that Optiv solutions meet customers’ requirements and applicable security standards.
You’ll be a key player in the security roadmap and consulting efforts that address a wide variety of customer needs in the Data Protection capability.
You will manage program and individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables, and be involved in the design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of these platform solutions.
How you’ll make an impact:
- The role will focus on the tactical execution of the program, including building, promoting, and implementing policies, standards, and procedures in Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Information Protection.
- Serve as a liaison between functional areas and IT to ensure that data related business requirements for leveraging, retaining, and protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of the operational execution, prioritization, and planning
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system monitoring
- Migrate customer on-prem Active Directories to Azure Active Directory utilizing Microsoft & Optiv best practices.
- Participate in daily standups, planning, and operational meetings
- Serve as trusted security advisor to customers and account teams
- Meet with prospective and current customers and sales teams
- Can clearly communicate information security concepts and complex technical topics to a wide audience of both technical and non-technical personnel (customers, auditors, legal staff, engineers)
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on outcomes driving impact
- Ability to travel 50% or more, depending on the consulting engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree (1-5 Years of Experience)
- Microsoft Azure experience (Low – Expert)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) highly preferred
- Proven ability to learn and apply technical information
- 2+ years in a role requiring technical knowledge of current data security, privacy, and protection models & technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain composure when under pressure from customers
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas
- Ability to develop customer relationships
- Knowledge of the larger competitive landscape
- Help organization alignment of implementation responsibilities
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Consulting or client engagement experience
- Ability to proactively identify client need and translate into a solution
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market-leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers