Endpoint Security Consultant- Remote USA
- Denver, CO, USA
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients comes from working effectively together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact--on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company are advancing quickly, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
The Endpoint Consultant will drive the technical relationship with our customers and partners by providing advanced architecture, implementation and operational support for endpoint projects.
This person will need a strong working knowledge and experience with endpoint solutions from partners like Carbon Black, Cylance and CrowdStrike, as well as familiarity with both on-premise and cloud-based approaches to implementation.
You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and works closely with Practice Directors to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team
In line with Optiv’s commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate and occasionally lead in capacity planning and HW specification recommendation efforts.
- Participate in all Technology deployment activities, connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts and occasionally leads the efforts.
- Design and implement on specific technology build processes, code migration, and source control use of both small and large projects.
- Successfully provide knowledge transfer and post production support activities as necessary.
- Effective team communicator.
- Mentors less experienced consultants
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA.
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification.
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
- Expertise in Endpoint Security implementation and deployment specifically Carbon Black products Response, Defense, Protect and Threat-Hunter.
- Experience with other endpoint security technologies like Cylance or Crowd strike considered a plus.
- Expertise with one or more of our core Technology Areas: Security Event Management, Content Protection (DLP, Encryption, Access Control), Endpoint Security typically obtained in 3-5 years.
- Thorough understanding of large-scale IT environments.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- A process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent, detailed writing skills
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to build consensus.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- A competitive total rewards program
- Professional training opportunities
- Engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers