Client Success Manager
- Travel Required: 0 - 9%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Client Success Manager will support clients within the Managed Security Solutions (MSS) business unit. Their job is to articulate complex technical outcomes to technical and non-technical clients in a clear and concise way based on the audience. Client Success Managers are responsible for onboarding all new clients to inform them of what outcomes they can, and just as importantly, cannot expect based on the particular service requested by the client.
Client Success Managers will perform recurring client business review sessions to articulate and represent Optiv MSS delivery to the client, and how this delivery meets outcomes agreed to contractually. Additionally, Client Success Managers will be the ingestion point for client escalations and concerns. Therefore a strong command of security operations technical concepts and repeatable processes are required.
The job of the Client Success Manager is to own, develop and support key process indicators to understand client satisfaction. This includes repeatable measurement of client satisfaction KPIs and working across Optiv MSS Technical Teams at the direction of the VCISOs to facilitate operational corrective actions needed to address tactical and systemic client satisfaction issues.
Examples of activities include:
- Briefing new clients on operational execution and expected outcomes
- Technical/tactical discussions on operational activities as they related to cyber threat actor operations
- Look for opportunities to recommend add-on services/technologies that would improve the clients' overall security posture
- Provide Technical and Product Support for Managed Services
- Support the Client’s Sales team throughout the life-cycle
- Translate disparate MSS Operational Cell execution outcomes to VCISOs and act on technical guidance
- Provide Client product knowledge & support to encourage renewals
Client Success Managers should possess fantastic interpersonal skills and demonstrate a strong command of security operations concepts. They need to be highly organized and have experience collaborating and working across technical resources. They should also be excellent communicators both orally and in writing. A range of technical expertise, business acumen, flexibility, and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will possess experience in the areas of project coordination and client relationship administration.
- The ability to demonstrate cyber security outcomes via MSS process execution
- Current knowledge of client success practices, security threats, solutions, security tools, network technologies & procedures.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, appropriate sense of urgency, and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability to build relationships with and navigate other functional areas.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative, motivation, and problem-solving skills
- Expert applicable use modern IT business application.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into business risk and desired outcomes
- Experience with technical security operations repeatable processes and desired outcomes
- Experience with cyber threat actor techniques, tactics, and procedures
- Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) software such as, Salesforce & ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of customer service practices.
- Experience working with C-Suite executives, VPs or Directors.
- Ability to build and nurture trusted relationships with clients and internally.
Advanced Experience preferred
- Five years of Security Operations Center support or equivalent demonstrated knowledge.
- Four year degree in Cyber security, Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
- CISSP, GCIH, or equivalent cyber security certification
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations Managed Services and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect:
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge", a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable).Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.