Cyber Security Compliance Analyst
- Denver, CO
- Employees can work remotely
- Travel Required: 0 - 9%
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Optiv is the leading security solutions integrator creating confidence for a more connected world. Optiv’s corporate security team is tasked with protecting company resources and client data in a dynamic industry with expanding threats. To meet the challenging needs of Optiv’s growing business, the corporate security team is expanding their information security governance and compliance program. The security compliance analyst will report directly to the Director of Governance and Compliance. This position is responsible for assisting with the collection and analysis of key performance metrics, conducting internal audits and assessments, assisting with third-party assessments and internal risk management reviews to help ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Optiv data and systems. The security compliance analyst must possess strong analytical skills, research capabilities, and an attention to detail to ensure Optiv can efficiently and effectively handle its compliance requirements. This position is highly business-facing, with frequent collaboration and interaction with all Optiv business units.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in all phases of internal and external assessments and audits.
- Respond to client third-party assessment requests to facilitate business transactions and maintain strategic business relationships.
- Positively interact with multiple internal Optiv business units to develop standardized assessment responses for external clients.
- Perform compliance assessments to determine if business systems are aligned with regulatory requirements, industry standards, best practices and all corporate information security policy, procedures, and standards.
- Actively review, test, analyze and report on the effectiveness and state of all required controls.
- Monitor and report on the status of compliance activities and remediation efforts escalating potentially risky situations as needed.
- Provide recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our risk-based audit program to ensure that it is repeatable, sustainable and cost effective.
- Establish ongoing relationships with business managers and key functional stakeholders.
- Stay informed of new compliance regulations, assist in the assessment of the impact to the organization, and collaborate to ensure compliance.
- Share experience, knowledge, and ideas with management and co-workers to maintain a kind and respectful team-based environment.
- Promote a corporate culture that is committed to Governance, Risk, and Compliance and information security best practices.
Will not have direct reports
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree preferably in IT or STEM discipline.
- Proficient working with a variety of technology platforms (Microsoft, Apple) and common business applications such as MS Office, Teams, Zoom and so forth.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about security, client satisfaction and process improvement.
- Ability to balance being flexible and collaborative with following the rules.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and follow through on assignments.
- Capable of working multiple tasks of varying priorities while maintaining tight deadlines.
- A cybersecurity degree or graduate degree.
- An additional 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Any cybersecurity related certification such as A+, CISSP, CISA, SANS-GSEC or so forth.
- Good understanding of security governance, compliance, and risk management principles.
- Possesses and demonstrates a strong understanding of controls assessment techniques.
- Solid business acumen and judgment to evaluate issues/problems of high complexity.
- Able to function independently and perform routine task such as:
- Facilitate meetings, organize conference calls, deliver presentations and so forth
- Familiarity with common standards, frameworks and regulations such as:
- NIST, ISO, COBIT, SIG, CCM, SOC-2, FAIR, HITRUST, PCI, GDPR.
- Ability to travel (minimal travel anticipated).
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations ? Managed Services and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect:
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge", a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable).Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.