Full-Stack Applications Engineer
- Foster City, CA
“The rising cost of healthcare represents perhaps the most significant threat to the long-term economic security of workers and retirees” -Social Security Advisory Board.
$2.8 trillion dollars or 17% of the US’s GDP is spent annually on healthcare. With spending projected to continue to grow faster than the rest of our economy, rising healthcare costs have become one of our nation’s greatest challenges. Leveraging predictive data analytics, Oration has developed a powerful solution for this national problem. We empower individuals and companies to slash healthcare bills up to 20% through our software service. Oration is working with some of the largest companies and retailers in America to revolutionize how healthcare products and services are purchased.
We are looking for a highly talented full-stack applications engineer to join our product development team. This is an influential role in an early stage start up. You will work with other developers on the team to determine the architecture of the Oration platform.
To be successful in this position, you are someone who has a broad set of skills across the entire application stack from front-end to the underlying database. You enjoy taking features from idea to shipped product. You possess an excellent sense of both end-user and technical design and are passionate about building features that are appreciated by both end-users and fellow developers alike.
At Oration, you will thrive in a creative, small team environment. You are smart, love learning on the fly and you do what is necessary to get the job done.
- Experience building and scaling the back-end server-side components and relational databases (SQL) for a web application
- Experience working Product Managers and Designers in an Agile environment to implement new features
- Experience with client-side development frameworks such as AngularJS, JQuery or backbone.js
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing a consumer facing of SaaS web application
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing application performance
- Prior experience developing in Java with the Play Framework would be helpful but is not required