Structured Cabling Installers & Technicians - Now Hiring ALL Levels
- 8880 W Barnes St, Boise, ID 83709, USA
Orion Integration Group is a full service systems integrator offering our clients a range of solutions such as voice and data structured cabling, video surveillance, access control, network security and backups, managed IT services and VoIP/telephony. Mindful of our primary mission, we will endeavor to enrich our employees' careers and quality of life, while striving to fulfill our role as a leader in the corporate community.
The ideal candidate must be reliable and enthusiastic with determination to grow and prosper in the infrastructure field both personally and professionally.
What You’ll Do Here…
• Install, terminate and test low voltage cables and fiber optical cables (twisted pair, coax, tray cable, stranded and solid conductor low voltage, single mode and multi-mode fiber optical).
• Route cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications
• Read and comprehend technical schematics, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures
• Know all industry standards (NEC, TIA/EIA, BICSI)
• Identify color codes for 568A, 568B, 6 strand fiber, 12 strand fiber, 25 pair and 50 pair
• Provide or re-locate cable and modular connections
• Assist in installation of communications hardware
• Complete projects within budget, on time and in a safe manner
• Maintain the company’s high standard of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, team members, behavior and appearance
• Submit required OIG paperwork (timesheets, expense reports, customer deliverables, etc.) on time
• Adhere to all required project safety requirements as set forth by OIG and OSHA
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment…
• At times, this job can be physically demanding and might require working in somewhat confined places. Climbing ladders, pulling, lifting, bending are all in a day’s work. You get a good work out without paying gym membership fees!
Work Hours and Travel...
• Full time - we operate during standard business hours, Monday-Friday for many projects, however we occasionally adjust the workdays to work after-hours and weekends if our customers require it which means you might have weekdays off!
• Our focus is regional but we have several national customers and we travel within the United States quite a bit. Travel varies from moderate (20% of the time) to heavy (80% of the time). Travel needs are hard to predict, but range from six weeks at a time (rarely), to two weeks at a time (several times a year), to 2-5 days (regularly) to weeks working in town. While we try to schedule travel at least 2 weeks in advance, there are times where less notice is given.
What We Are Looking For…
• Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and cooperation with management, team members, vendors and customers.
• Motivation and willingness to learn
• Punctuality and reliability
• Troubleshoot and/or resolve practical problems
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record and clean background check
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
• High School Diploma or GED
• Basic (industry standard) hand tools necessary to perform required work
Starting pay range from $14-$17 per hour depending on experience.
Benefits: Training/preliminary base pay for all new hires. Possible wage increase after introductory period (depending upon performance/experience). Other benefits include retirement plan, profit sharing plan and PTO (Personal time off.) Potential incentives for continuing education, industry and multi-state certifications.
The opportunity to join a fun, forward-looking company with a history of success that will help you achieve your goals awaits you!