Network Operations Center NOC Operator Tier 1
- Norfolk, VA
PHX STAFFING, LLC is an IT staffing company.
Responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, and escalation. This is an excellent position for those who have a passion for technology and want to learn new things. Team members monitor and maintain numerous complex multi-tiered environments that deliver content to desktop, mobile, and tablet platforms. Each day presents new challenges as you learn new technologies, perform routine tasks, and troubleshoot issues.
Technologies and Disciplines
Active Directory, Akamai, Apache, Cisco, Cloud Computing, DNS, EM7, IIS, Keynote, LAMP, Linux, Load Balancing, MS Windows, .Net, Open-Source, Replication, Veritas Netbackup, SNMP, Solr, SVN, VMware
Monitor, Troubleshoot, Analyze, Fix, Document, Investigate, Escalate, Prioritize, Report, Maintain, Support, Verify
• Maintenance and monitoring for large multi-tenant web hosting operation
• Interact with customers for inbound calls and emails during after-hours shifts
• Evaluate, Prioritize, and Address events that are detected by monitoring systems
• Event management from initial detection through problem resolution
• Escalate issues and communicate details succinctly
• BS in CS/IT/EE. In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience
• One year of help desk or technical support experience
• Two years experience as UNIX or Windows Server 2003/2008 Admin experience
• Aptitude to learn fast, retain and apply knowledge in a complex fast-paced environment
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written/oral communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong in Linux and open-source technologies
• Strong in Microsoft technologies
• Experience working in large scale web hosting or enterprise environment
Salary is DOE - Submit Resume for additonal details.
Please apply online or send CV to email@example.com.