Experienced Property Manager
- Morehead City, NC
PK Management, LLC owns and manages Section 8 affordable and LIHTC tax credit apartment communities nationwide. With over 600 employee, PK Management continues to grow with a track record of success.
We are looking for an experienced Property Manager for the Crystal Coast Apartments in Moorehead City, NC.
A Property Manager is responsible for all operational and financial aspects of a property under 300 units and meeting company goals in those areas. Results are achieved by facilitating the optimum performance of the property in areas such as personnel management, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, revenue enhancement, capital improvements, information reporting and compliance with all applicable laws and company policies. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Supervise leasing and maintenance staff including delegating work, reviewing work, maintaining deadlines, training and scheduling.
- Maintain property occupancy by effectively retaining residents and successfully marketing property to attract new residents.
- Approve lease applicants.
- Administer HUD recertifications, if applicable.
- Evaluate current market conditions and competition.
- Increase revenue while maintaining controllable expenses including revenue collections and delinquency control.
- Provide customer service to residents resolving any issues that may occur and ensuring maintenance completes service requests.
- Coordinate resident activities and correspondence (i.e., monthly newsletters).
- Contact and negotiate with vendors.
- Obtain bids and manage capital improvement projects.
- Ensure that all property reporting is completed in a timely manner (i.e., financial reports,, marketing reports).
- Operate within budget and purchasing guidelines.
- Maintain curb appeal by walking/inspecting property and vacant units.
- Conduct Human Resources functions; recruiting, interviewing, performance reviews, salary reviews, explanation of benefits, new hire orientation, terminations.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are met.
- Attend court proceedings, as necessary.
- Coordinate and lead staff meetings, as necessary.
- Assist other properties, as necessary.
- Completion of internal training for market-rate: One-Site – Navigation and Prospects, Move-ins and Rents, Move-outs.
- Completion of internal training for affordable housing: One-Site – Navigation of Receipts and Waitlists, Certifications and Charges, Move-outs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned/needed.
Skills & Abilities
Administrative Skills – data entry, filing, answering phones, familiarity with legal aspects/fair housing laws, familiarity with company policies and procedures.
Analytical Skills – ability to create and manage property budget, review and analyze current market conditions, analyze property reports (occupancy, accounting, traffic).
Communication/Language Skills – ability to communicate with all staff levels, residents, vendors and prospective residents, ability to correspond with all contacts via letters, memos, newsletters and emails, ability to present material to staff.
Computer Skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, One-Site.
Coordinating Skills – ability to coordinate resident functions, staff meetings and functions, ability to prioritize and delegate tasks daily, ability to handle emergency/unexpected situations, ability to set future goals.
Creative Skills – ability to be creative in marketing, leasing, retaining residents and retaining staff.
Leadership Skills – ability to motivate and lead staff providing them with the direction and training that is necessary for them to succeed, ability to solve resident and staff issues.
Manual Skills – be willing to pick up trash, clean, spread salt, shovel snow as well as other general manual duties, as necessary.
Maintenance Skills – general knowledge of maintenance is helpful when acting as liaison between maintenance staff and residents.
Mathematical Skills – ability to calculate lease balances, move-in costs, pro-rations, special rates (i.e., pets, garages), late fees, bank deposits, discounts.
Other Skills – confidentiality, customer service, decision-making, patience, respect, teamwork.
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level. Walking is required for property tours and may expose Property Managers to weather conditions. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 25 pounds.
Education: High School Diploma/GED required; some college beneficial
Work Experience: 1-3 years of experience required.
Licenses/Certifications: CAM (beneficial), ARM (beneficial), NCHM or Quadel COS (required for Affordable Housing), SCS (required at Tax Credit site), NAHMA Certification (beneficial), real estate license (beneficial), and valid driver’s license required.