Senior PPM Specialist
- Boston, MA
PPM Works is a full service Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management consultancy, focused on Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint platforms. We believe in partnering with our clients to exceed expectations and build long lasting rewarding partnerships. Our team’s experience runs deep with Microsoft. We have performed over 125 Project Server implementations, trained thousands of students, and developed the Microsoft certification exams and certifications series. We have contributed to the new release of Microsoft Project and Project Server for the past three cycles and share our expertise as volunteers for PMI and other industry groups. In addition to our Microsoft GOLD Partner recognition we sit on two boards for the Microsoft Project Users Group.
PPM Works believes in giving back to our families, our community, our teammates, and our environment. Here at PPM Works we measure success in the following way, we focus on:
- The personal well-being and happiness of our team
- Client satisfaction and long-lasting client relationships
- Giving back to our community and industry
- Having fun each and every day
Our firm belief in personal well-being, happiness, community giving, and fun anchor our organization. If we are foremost happy, producing great client solutions comes natural. We can then spend more time with our families/hobbies and giving back to the community. This virtuous cycle keeps our team charged each and every day.
PPM Works, Inc. is looking for you. We are looking to add skilled, quick thinkers to our Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) team. Are you an intelligent, proactive, and solution-driven thinker ready to make an impact with our Microsoft Project and SharePoint customers? If so they PPM Works needs you.
Come join our team and make a direct impact daily. Have you ever wanted to work with the best in the Project and Portfolio Management space, then PPM Works is for you. Our team created the Microsoft Project exams, we collaborate with Microsoft on product releases, and speak at industry events. We pride ourselves on living our lives, having fun, and working along the way. This is your opportunity to get started with a growing company and guide your career in a direction you want. There is plenty of career growth opportunities. We are a flexible company focused to providing all organizations with expert guidance and mentoring around Microsoft Project and SharePoint solutions.
As an Senior PPM Specialist, you will work with teams located throughout the country. Your skills will complement our collaborative team by providing well-crafted recommendations and solutions to meet our client’s challenges. You will work on a team (rather than working as the lone wolf) and have the support, knowledge, and expertise necessary to provide the best solution for our clients. As a Senior PPM Specialist you are responsible for client satisfaction, process design, system development and configuration, providing solid recommendations. You will lead projects, interact with C-Level management, and assist clients with identification and synthesis of solutions, while implementing the technical components of those solutions. In addition to your PPM Specialist role, you will assist in customer awareness, team sales, recruiting, promotion, and support when necessary.
This is a full-time W2 position and not a contract assignment. You must be already legally authorized to work in the US. Willingness to travel when necessary.
- 6+ years’ experience in project management, Microsoft Project or SharePoint consulting or 4+ years in technology consulting
- Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal-communication, and organizational skills
- Savvy ability to manage relationships
- Implementation experience of an Enterprise Solution
- Analytically-inclined with an understanding of data and how to apply it for problem-solving
- Be organized and detail-oriented enough to manage projects with many moving parts
- Love to teach and share knowledge
- PMP, MCTS Certifications (see below). If you do not have these – you will be required to obtain the these certifications within 90 days of hire.
- Exam 74-344: Managing Programs and Projects with Project Server 2013
- Exam 74-343: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2013
- Exam 70-331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 201
- Implementation of an Enterprise Solution
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Project Server/Project Online
- Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (a plus)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.