Associate PPM Specialist
- Boston, MA
PPM Works is a full service Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management consultancy, focused on Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint platforms. We believe in partnering with our clients to exceed expectations and build long lasting rewarding partnerships. Our team’s experience runs deep with Microsoft. We have performed over 125 Project Server implementations, trained thousands of students, and developed the Microsoft certification exams and certifications series. We have contributed to the new release of Microsoft Project and Project Server for the past three cycles and share our expertise as volunteers for PMI and other industry groups. In addition to our Microsoft GOLD Partner recognition we sit on two boards for the Microsoft Project Users Group.
PPM Works believes in giving back to our families, our community, our teammates, and our environment. Here at PPM Works we measure success in the following way, we focus on:
- The personal well-being and happiness of our team
- Client satisfaction and long-lasting client relationships
- Giving back to our community and industry
- Having fun each and every day
Our firm belief in personal well-being, happiness, community giving, and fun anchor our organization. If we are foremost happy, producing great client solutions comes natural. We can then spend more time with our families/hobbies and giving back to the community. This virtuous cycle keeps our team charged each and every day.
PPM Works, Inc. is looking for you. We are looking to add skilled, quick thinkers to our Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) team. Are you an intelligent, proactive, and solutions-driven thinker ready to make an impact with PPM clients? If so then PPM Works needs you.
PPM is the heartbeat of our client customers. For these organizations PPM is at the center of what’s exciting and new – apps, wearables, plants, buildings, medical devices, drugs, IT innovation and even toys. We have the privilege to wake up each day and help our client customers bring dreams to market with the latest PPM technologies of cross device interfaces, cloud infrastructure, enterprise social networking and business intelligence.
The ecosystem of Microsoft PPM technologies is a relatively small and stable niche-market. Organizations will always have projects. Therefore, organizations are always interested in more effectively selecting, planning, tracking and executing projects. Consultant teams in this market are typically small. Consultants who have multiple disciplines and the ability to learn and evolve with new technologies excel. The market continues to provide a rewarding career for many of us that started the journey nearly two decades back. There is a need for the next generation of those passionate about PPM to take the reins to lead the charge.
Come join our team and make a direct impact daily. You will learn from the best in the industry. This is an opportunity to get started with a growing company and guide your career in a direction you want. There is plenty of career growth opportunities in our flexible company. You will learn our time-proven best practices for Microsoft technology based solutions and further improve our approach with your suggestions.
As a PPM Specialist you will work with teams located throughout the country. Your skills will complement our collaborative team by providing well-crafted recommendations and solutions to meet our client’s challenges. You will work on a team and gain the support, knowledge, and expertise necessary to eventually lead projects of your own. As a PPM Specialist you will be responsible for client satisfaction, system development and configuration and providing insightful recommendations. You will be interacting with middle and senior management within organizations, and assisting them to identify problems, synthesize solutions, and implement the technical components of those solutions. In addition to your PPM Specialist role, you will assist in customer awareness, team sales, recruiting, promotion, support, and your local community.
As a virtual organization our focus is on completion of deliverables and client satisfaction, rather than on strict office hours and face time. This provides you the benefit of frequently working from home and shifting time from a commute to important personal and family commitments. Clients dictate the travel schedule, which on a yearly basis is typically less than 20%.
This is a full-time W2 position and not a contract assignment. You must be already be legally authorized to work in the US.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 or more years’ experience implementing or configuring Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project Online, Microsoft SharePoint or other PPM related software
- Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal-communication, and organizational skills
- Perceptive of client needs and the desire to exceed client expectations
- Ability to stay ahead of technology curve by attending conferences, monitoring Microsoft Product Team releases and self-study
- Analytically-inclined with an understanding of data and how to apply it for problem-solving
- Be organized and detail-oriented enough to manage projects with many moving parts
- Love to teach and share knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Service
DESIRED SKILLS (a plus):
- 2 or more years’ experience with technical professional services
- 2 or more years’ experience with project management
- 2 or more years’ experience with enterprise solutions for 200+ user departments or organizations
- PMP, MCTS Certifications (a plus). If you do not have these – you will be required to obtain the two PPM MCTS certifications within 90 days of hire.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.