- Boston, MA
PPM Works is a full service Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management consultancy, focused on Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint platforms. We believe in partnering with our clients to exceed expectations and build long lasting rewarding partnerships. Our team’s experience runs deep with Microsoft. We have performed over 125 Project Server implementations, trained thousands of students, and developed the Microsoft certification exams and certifications series. We have contributed to the new release of Microsoft Project and Project Server for the past three cycles and share our expertise as volunteers for PMI and other industry groups. In addition to our Microsoft GOLD Partner recognition we sit on two boards for the Microsoft Project Users Group.
PPM Works believes in giving back to our families, our community, our teammates, and our environment. Here at PPM Works we measure success in the following way, we focus on:
- The personal well-being and happiness of our team
- Client satisfaction and long-lasting client relationships
- Giving back to our community and industry
- Having fun each and every day
Our firm belief in personal well-being, happiness, community giving, and fun anchor our organization. If we are foremost happy, producing great client solutions comes natural. We can then spend more time with our families/hobbies and giving back to the community. This virtuous cycle keeps our team charged each and every day.
The Office Manager works with the Directors to administer the day to day activities of the organization’s finance and accounting functions, including adhering to all financial controls and maintaining and ensuring the quality of the data entry and processing of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and purchasing processes.
Reporting and Duties:
The Office Manager reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for the day to day maintenance of a variety of accounting, operations, and financial employee benefits and policies and procedures.
- Classification and data entry of all accounts payable transactions:
- Ensuring contractor/vendor invoices are input into the system to the appropriate accounts and recorded in the appropriate periods;
- Ensuring all data is entered on a timely basis and appropriately prepared for the bi weekly check running process;
- Follow up on vendor queries and issues as they arise;
- Maintains accurate and complete vendor files
- Preparation and submission of client invoices
- Assisting with the tracking and maintenance of client contracts
- Assisting in the follow up of accounts receivable outstanding
- Maintains accurate and complete receivable files
- Reconciles monthly bank statements
- Basic financial and account analysis as needed
- May be responsible for various journal entries
- Assists with the requirements for the annual tax filings.
- Administration of Benefits and Policies & Procedures;
- Completion, submission and review of bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Processing of Expense
- Other Administrative tasks and requests as required.
Candidates should have 3+ years of experience as a Bookkeeper or Accounting Clerk preferably in a services industry.
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- QuickBooks experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working as part of a team
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Efficient worker and fast learner
This is a part-time position that may lead into a full time position based in Boston, MA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.