- Roseville, CA
Under limited supervision, gathers and reports financial information in support of the Assistant Controller to external governmental and regulatory entities, and to all levels of PRIDE Industries management. Employees in the job class provide direct support to the Assistant Controller, day-to-day interface with accounting personnel, and accounting support to program managers and department leads. This job class requires knowledge of general accounting, GAAP accounting standards, 990 tax returns, A-133 audits, FAS 116 and FAS 117 accounting standards, and nonprofit accounting and the ability to produce management information and regulatory reports.
- Reconciles balance sheet and expense accounts for cash and other balance sheet accounts, including reconciliation and analysis of various business segments.
- Prepares daily cash position statement for management and daily
- Prepares month end close of general journal entries and accruals of all business segments.
- Works closely with Assistant Controller and accounting personnel during month end close. Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Assists Controller in annual financial statement audit process and 990 preparations as required.
- Compiles paperwork and provides guidance to department managers regarding outside audits of PRIDE’s various business segments.
- Manages federal grants. Assists program managers in proper determination of revenue and expense recognition for all federal grant accounting transactions and approve billing.
- Interfaces with outside auditor during A-133 audit.
- Assists in the deployment of newly implemented Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) accounting system as it relates to the general ledger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a focus on Accounting or Finance; or comparable combination of formal education and work experience;
- CPA preferred
- Three or more years of accounting experience including fixed asset, tax reporting, and non-profit accounting;
- Thorough knowledge of standard accounting systems and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP and GAAS);
- Knowledge of 990 tax returns and familiar with A-133 audits, FAS 116 and FAS 117 accounting standards;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others;
PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our outstanding team at our headquarters in Roseville, CA.