VDC Project Manager
- PROCON Inc. Business Address, 1359 Hooksett Rd, Hooksett, NH 03106, USA
PROCON is an award-winning architectural and construction management firm and for two consecutive years has been ranked one of NH's Best Places to Work.
We offer fully integrated design build and construction management services for hospitality, multi-family residential, senior living, commercial/corporate, industrial, athletic, educational, and healthcare projects throughout the Northeast.
Since 1935 we've maintained a steadfast commitment to professionalism, customer service and quality in all aspects of our work. That experience and industry expertise allows PROCON to build on lasting client relationships and complete hundreds of millions of dollars in design and construction volume annually, on- time and on- budget.
Are you an expert on a commercial construction job site as well as in the digital world of 3D construction? Are you a problem solver who believes that leveraging technology is the quickest and most efficient way to get things done? Do you want to guide people to create new and innovative processes that take our already successful design-build philosophy to the next level?
If you’re just as passionate about BIM and VDC technology as you are about the design and construction process, and you can leverage VDC to solve real-world problems & deliver better projects on the construction side of the house …. This is the job for you!
PROCON has opened a brand new position for a Virtual Design & Construction Project Manager. The VDC Project Manager will be responsible for the successful corporate implementation, rollout, and adoption of VDC/BIM within operations in order to leverage the complete design & construction data lifecycle; beginning with preconstruction services through design, construction and project turnover.
This includes but is not limited to: visualization, modeling, virtual mock-ups, model-based estimating, 3D coordination, logistics, visual plan models, and training for other teams.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team that plans, coordinates, and implements VDC processes utilizing appropriate technology platforms through project life cycle
- Establish and manage project specific scope for BIM and VDC efforts
- Consult with designers, consultants, and contractors to establish and maintain file management and BIM protocols
- Develop new ways to utilize model-based information in various phases of construction projects
- Stay well informed on BIM / VDC best practices and evolving software
- Research, develop and document processes, workflows, and standards for new software and technology
- Assist and support the pre-construction team’s use of BIM/VDC for project pursuits, estimating and 4D planning
- Measure and track successful use of BIM/VDC technology on PROCON projects
- Oversee custom programming/customization of software applications
- Manage relationship with technology vendors and resellers
- Collaborate with IT to equip staff with proper hardware and software tools for projects
- Educate subcontractors/partners and clients on technology and collaborative workflows
- Participate in coordination/clash resolution meetings on BIM projects
- Coordinate VDC strategy with management and other department heads
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering
· Minimum of five years’ experience in the design or construction industry utilizing BIM processes
· Detailed understanding of design and construction processes
· Advanced knowledge and experience with BIM/VDC software applications such as Autodesk Revit,
Navisworks, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam Revu
· Familiarity with the following workflows and solutions is a plus: Synchro, Faro Scene, ReCap, gaming engine technologies (Unity, Unreal), 3DS Max, Computational BIM software (Dynamo, grasshopper, Solibri), SketchUp, BIM 360, animation, 2D/3D rendering capabilities
· Self-motivated individual with ability to produce high quality work with little oversight in a collaborative and fast paced environment
· Strong detail orientation, communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, and leadership skills
· Ability to motivate and manage people
We are conveniently located off of Rt 93
Our expanding portfolio and supportive work environment provide excellent opportunities for growth and development.
We offer Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, 401(k), and a comprehensive benefits package.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Visit our website: www.proconinc.com to learn more about us.
Check out the videos to experience some of our culture