Customer Support Representative
- PRT Dryden, ON Canada or PRT Brighton, MI USA, Dryden, ON, ca
PRT operates a diverse network of 16 nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow a wide variety of high-quality container forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions. Annual production of 240 million seedlings makes PRT the largest producer of containerized forest seedlings in North America. We produce trees for customers from British Columbia to Ontario and Michigan to Alabama to Oregon.
In 2018 we celebrated our 30th anniversary and grown 4 Billion forest seedlings for reforestation!
PRT is searching for an experienced full-time, permanent Customer Support Representative (CSR ON) to provide outstanding sales and marketing coverage and the overall administration of PRT’s ON, MB, GLS territories. The CSR ON will play a leading role in ensuring that PRT will effectively achieve sales targets in these crucial forest seedling markets. This will be accomplished by maintaining expert knowledge of silviculture and of the markets and industry, applying sales and marketing efforts to all prospective forest seedling customers in these markets and by coordinating all customer requirements with PRT Production personnel, PRT Customer Support Assistants and PRT’s internal information systems. The successful candidate must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities while having the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including ongoing sales administration tasks together with working actively with PRT nursery staff. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues, create a variety of sales reports, and produce an annual marketing plan and presentation.
PRT displays a strong passion for supporting forest renewal and resource sustainability. The CSR ON will be part of a Customer Support team that will support the forest industry and exudes pride in having a positive impact on the sustainability and competitiveness of the forest industry.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post-secondary education, preferably with a Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or another relevant field
• At least five years experience in a territory sales management role supporting forestry customers
• Strong forestry, silviculture and forest seedling growing knowledge
• Knowledge of and a network within the ON and GLS forest markets
• Valid Drivers License, passport,, vehicle, and clean abstract with the ability to travel within assigned territory 25-40% of the time and the ability to travel to other PRT locations as required (https://www.prt.com/contact/nursery-locations)
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentational
• Proven track record of building customer relationships that yield sustained business growth
• The ability to conduct professional tours and presentations to customers and colleagues
• The ability to gather market intelligence including market knowledge and company knowledge to optimize our strategic positioning
• Proficient MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook including scheduling and PowerPoint)
• Experience operating with a high level of confidentiality and ethics, adherence to corporate compliance, reporting, and company policies
• A forward thinking, mature and professional nature.
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
• Highly competitive annual salary matching your level of experience and ability
• Bonus incentive program
• Matching RRSP or 401K program
• Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of extended health, dental and medical
• Relocation allowance (if applicable)
• Successful applicant will be a Canadian or US citizen or eligible to work in Canada and the US
• Our PRT nurseries are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the “green” nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America
• We provide a supportive team structured environment, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment.
PRT is North America’s largest producer of container-grown forest seedlings. PRT has capacity to grow and sell more than 240 million seedlings across its network of 16 nurseries located in the United States and Canada. PRT has established a leadership position in the industry by working closely with customers and by providing reliable reforestation products and silviculture services at competitive prices.
How to Apply:
This search is being conducted by the Executive Network on behalf of PRT. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2019. For more information about this exciting opportunity please visit www.prt.com or to apply please send Cover and Resume directly through the careers page of our website at https://www.prt.com/careers/current-job-postings
We thank everyone who has applied; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.