- 4165 Ross Rd, Atmore, AL 36502, USA
PRT is the largest commercial-scale containerized growing provider in North America for a wide range of forestry seedling species. We blend the cultivation of seedlings with cold storage facilities, logistics services and technology to meet critical silviculture and reforestation needs. PRT operates a diverse network of 19 nurseries in Canada and the United States enabling us to grow 300 million high-quality forest seedlings for all climatic and site conditions annually.
The Lead Grower will be responsible to ensure nursery cultural practices are planned and implemented to achieve target standards for all products while assisting in risk management activities ensuring stock is properly protected to avoid losses. The Lead Grower will assist in supervising and training forest nursery workers, keeping neat and accurate records, including computerized record systems. Maintain, repair and upgrade nursery facilities and ensure proper maintenance of equipment in use. Some weekend and shift work will be required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- The successful individual should have at a minimum, a two-year diploma in horticulture or agriculture, or an acceptable combination of formal training and relevant experience
- Experience working in greenhouse/farming operations including the ability to coordinate and supervise operational tasks, planning, and crew supervision
- Proven experience collecting data, defining problems, establishing facts, and draw valid conclusions necessary to identify a wide variety of conditions such as plant diseases, existence of insects
- The ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Applicants must hold, or be capable of obtaining, a Pesticide Applicator Certificate License
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
- Competitive annual salary matching your level of experience and ability
- Bonus incentive program
- Matching 401K program
- Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of extended health and dental
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Our PRT nurseries are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the “green” nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America.
- We provide a supportive team structured workplace, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment.
PRT Atmore is located 11 miles outside the town of Atmore. Atmore is in western Escambia County with its southern border being the Florida state line. A pleasant climate, the city of Atmore offers excellent recreational facilities, including golf, tennis, walking trails and swimming pools. Just 50 min south-west is the beautiful town of Mobile. Once called the Paris of the South, with 300 years of history and the cultural center of the Gulf Coast, this city has something for everyone. Ballet, theatre, opera and the symphony, Water based adventures, cruises, museums and attractions from art to Mardi Gras. The Mobile Delta provides 20,323 acres of open water for year-round fishing, canoeing and camping.
How to Apply:
Please apply through the Career Page of our website at https://www.prt.com/careers/current-job-postings Applications will be accepted until the successful candidate has been hired. Please check out our Career video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvfZdw_9m0
Thank you for applying; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.