Communication Support Specialist
- Hillsboro, OR
For over 30 years PTIGlobal has been a leading provider of translation and localization solutions. We service a variety of worldwide businesses including IT, medical devices, biopharm, eLearning, and manufacturing. Our top quality teams help our clients streamline their products and services for the global marketplace quickly and successfully. Strategic partners worldwide allow us to provide local service in convenient time zones. We have bright, energetic people who are committed to customer service and embody the spirit of teamwork.
We’re looking for a full time Communication Support Specialist who is technically deep with expert level experience and knowledge in user interfaces and admin tools. Test changes to the tool/interface and document the testing or issues for functionality that needs fixing. Make recommendations to the tool owner, uses and configures software tools, creates web pages, writes-up and categorizes web or application issues, and shares possible challenges to a development team.
In addition, the ideal candidate has advanced working experience with SharePoint, is comfortable creating SharePoint sites and creating and publishing content on the SharePoint site, is familiar with access control to SharePoint sites, crafting professional email communication to key stakeholders, recording meeting minutes and distributing then following-up on any action items with owners.
We need a team player with strong communication skills who can work with Program & Project Managers, Developers, Analysts, and other teams in a diverse multinational organization. Seeking a professional with analytical and web application skills who can effectively communicate business requirements, suggest new functionally, all while working with and supporting the online user community, and keeping the client Leads informed.
You will work with your Team Leader/Program Manager, Software Developers, and cross functional teams as necessary. Handle all communication aspects of the clients’ internal website on SharePoint by downloading statistics, testing the tool, setting-up accounts, and sending out emails to groups of users.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, crafting emails and memos to individual employees, groups of employees from 10 to over 1200, and drafting mass communication emails/newsletters/publications to more than 30,000 employees.
- Pull statistics of the tool for publication on clients’ webpage, weekly reports, and meeting material.
- Setting-up accounts on SharePoint and our submission tool for our Technical Committee Members, Reviewers, and Session Chairs; work with and set-up external accounts for subsidiaries that use the external SharePoint site.
- Graphic content creation - for posters and fliers and SharePoint.
- Sending emails via the tool to Authors and Session Chairs, and following-up on their deliverables.
- Creating accurate status reports of the progress and results of your activities.
- Reviewing and handling feedback and error reports from internal and external users.
- Setting-up meetings in Outlook, book conference rooms as needed, take meeting minutes or edit minutes, distribute action items.
- Handle special projects as asked.
- Setting-up link testing on the website and widely distributed emails.
- Work with newsletter editors to set-up announcements.
- Update or edit all training and internal BKM documents.
- Work with content experts to create agenda items for conference registration.
- Work with web team, delegating roles like uploading keynote bios and pictures, maintaining some pages.
- Flexibility to juggle several crisis’s simultaneously.
- Maintain the storage quota (AQT) for the SharePoint space allocation as the Site Collection Owner, deleting and cleaning up outdated items, requesting more space as needed.
For this position, a degree in Computer Information Systems, General Communications, or the equivalent is required. The successful candidate will have four or more years of relevant experience with complex commercial internet-based systems, including:
o Excellent organizational skills and be thorough
o Excellent professional communication skills, both verbal and written
o HTML, CSS, & SharePoint/SharePoint Designer 2010 skills to edit and create web pages and customize styles, use and edit custom lists and web parts, edit custom workflows
o InfoPath and InfoPath Designer skills to edit existing forms
o Ability to modify image maps, java scripts, and jquery scripts for existing content on the web site
o Experience with graphic content creation (Paint for screen shots)
o Office suite – Proficient with Word & Excel to create reports, graphs, and pivot tables; PowerPoint for conference templates and some training materials
o Strong results orientation spirit and teamwork mentality, reliable and disciplined to meet aggressive timelines with quality deliverables
o Quick, eager to learn, and creative.
o TargetMailer & MailMerge experience
o Photoshop and/or Acrobat Professional, for quick local edits of graphic items
o Working experience with online training classes, from a design or support perspective.
o Previous experience and understanding of software, and or, database development methodologies
o Previous experience in a Technical Customer Service environment
o Previous experience understanding how online training courses work
o Previous experience owning or facilitating technical conferences and logistics.
SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
- This is a Full-Time/Long Term contingent opportunity
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.