- Beaverton, OR
PTIGlobal is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon and provides translation, localization, and managed services for world-wide customers. With its mission to help clients turn globalization strategy into tangible revenues, PTIGlobal manages the conversion of software, web content, documentation, and mobile apps into targeted languages, offering end users a seamless experience and transparent functionality.
The IT Manager is a company-wide support position. This person functions as a team of one, with sole responsibility for troubleshooting and maintaining the company’s computer and server systems, as well as phone systems. It is expected that the employee will be on-site or on-call during business hours and perform after-hours and weekend monitoring and fixes, as needed. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Apply and adhere to ISO 9001:2008 procedures to all applicable job processes.
- Provide technical support and training to employees.
- Manage six physical servers, including Small Business Server 2003, Server 2008, and Ubuntu Server
- Manage Microsoft Exchange 2007, IIS, Sharepoint and two Microsoft SQL 2005 servers.
- Manage backups using Symantec Backup Exec 12.x and Shadow Copy.
- Manage and track PTIGlobal’s software licenses and manage purchase of new licenses.
- Manage and plan upgrades and any repair for servers and desktop PCs.
- Set up software, processes and provide training to employees on the use of FTP, VPN, Domain Controller, Remote Desktop, SharePoint Portal, Microsoft Office products, online meeting tools, phone system and other systems.
- Management and planning of ISP service and office networking (wired and wireless).
- Maintain and update IT-related processes.
- Maintain and update Disaster Recovery planning, maintenance and deployment/testing. Documenting the risks, failures and successes.
- Maintain and update the NETVANTA Phone system. Add/change user requests, voicemail creation, DID management and firmware updates.
- Security: Must maintain and set up full integration with SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) for the Firewall, end users, Exchange and Outlook clients. This is for malware, virus protection and spam.
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory, maintenance of group policies, filter rules, SNMP traps, IIS snap-ins, DNS rules and routing, OU policy creation and deployment.
- Forecast budget needs.
- Solid hardware & software support, troubleshooting, server management and networking experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization, attention to detail and the ability to document processes.
- Demonstrated IT experience working with Microsoft and Macintosh products.
- Experience with remote access and Juniper Netscreen firewalls
- Ability to communicate with users of many different technical aptitude levels.
- Ability to configure, update and install operating systems and applications on PCs and servers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to self-manage and motivate.
- Experience with SharePoint portal.
- Self-organized and focused with the ability to assess priorities and act accordingly.
- Experience with Microsoft customer service pertaining to Technet and MSDN navigation/negotiation.
- Ability to learn new technologies with limited time and/or fiscal resources.
- Software development skills or willingness and ability to learn.
- Experience with Linux and Oracle.
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field
- 3 years of parallel IT experience in a managerial role or
- 5 years experience working professionally in the IT industry in a support role
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) preferred
This is what we can offer:
- Salaried position
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Tri-Met Pass, pre-tax deduction
- Performance Bonus
- Participation in Simple IRA savings plan (upon qualification)
- A diverse work force with real esprit de corps
- Good work/life balance
- A talented production team who deliver projects on time and budget